I really want to get to my goal weight!!

Options
microwoman999
microwoman999 Posts: 545 Member
I have been doing this since 2011 and it seems like I just won't ever get to my goal weight! Does anyone else feel like this?

SW - 241
CW - 184
GW - 140

I have been sitting at my CW for this whole year. I have tried a couple of different things but none have really helped. Exercise is kinda hard for me but I do workout. I am not into a low carb or any thing like that cause I am not good enough at keeping track of what has carbs or proteins ect. I do eat within my calorie goal most days. I am not supposed to run anymore due to my back and to be honest it is kinda painful to do anyway for me.

Replies

• microwoman999
    Options
    I must be the only one who feels this way! Am I alone here?
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    can I ask you what you foods typically look like? what kind of breakfasts and dinners do you eat?
    Can you see a physical therapist that can help you out with things you can do, and the form, to strengthen your back muscles?

what is your favorite exercise?
  • microwoman999
    Options
    Yes usually fruits and pb and j I know I have whatever my husband has for dinner but it is usually homemade also tuna and yogurt cottage cheese. I also really like to eat my shakes that I do from body by vi so I know that is almost a meal everyday. Breakfast is usually oatmeal with fruit or whatever cereal is in the house that week and I drink fat free milk, applesauce ect. I know the list could go on but those are the big ones. I have seen a therapist and I just do whatever because they are trying to get me to do yoga but I do kickboxing and walking lots of walking. But there are not many other things I can do. My back is pretty strong I am having surgery in December cause nothing has been working in the last 4 years
  • KristalandVi
    KristalandVi Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Why aren't you paying attention to the therapist and doing yoga? Not trying to sound offensive or anything, but that therapist has gone through many, MANY years of school to help people that come to them. Besides, it can help realign joints, and burns calories. Believe it or not, having misaligned joints (especially in your back) can keep you from losing weight!
  • microwoman999
    Options
    I have had issues with my back since I was 16 so they have told me to be careful all this time. Just in the last 4 years has it gotten worse and they are still telling me to be careful. I think that if I listened to them when I was 16 I would have been in a bubble all my life and not actually played any sports or done any thing very active. I know it sounds dumb to some people but when you have listened to it all your life you just do what you can handle. I don't feel like yoga will give me what I need. I like cardio and strength training. Not that I want to tell people to not to listen to there doctors its just how I am. I know they have gone to school and I should listen I just like to be active.
  • KristalandVi
    KristalandVi Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean on that one. I have a genetic disorder that's literally causing my joints to fall apart. I still do what I want (when possible), and a lot of it is pretty hardcore, but it really DOES help to follow what they're saying, too. Maybe add the yoga to what you're already doing? It's a different -type- of exercise, and works the slow twitch instead of the fast twitch muscles, which might help more than you would think.
  • SprinklesNSparkles
    Options
    It might help to open up your food log. Something might pop out at us that you're not seeing.
  • microwoman999
    Options
    I know after my surgery I won't be able to do these things. I may really take a look into it. I guess I am fighting until the end as they say. Not that this is the best for me. Sprinkles, my food diary is open but I did get some great tips from someone and I am going to work on those things and incorporate it into my diet. I appreciate everyone's help. Thanks very much!