New and Ready to Get in Shape

Options
Hi there,
I am new to the site as well as new to eating healthy!! My whole life I have been able to eat pretty much whatever I wanted as long as I worked out until this past year.... I work in an office and need major help with ideas for lunches and snacks.... as well as good tasting dinners that not only I will eat but my boyfriend as well....

Replies

• tbear358
    tbear358 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi there! My name is Tiffany!

I've been on this fitness/nutrition path since Dec of 07. I have been in your place before so here goes.

Snacks - Almonds...Emerald makes Cocoa Roasted Almonds in 100 calorie packs which are awesome, Chiquita makes carrots and ranch 50-calorie packs and apple/caramel 100 calorie packs. Celery and PB are good. Whole wheat Ritz with WeightWatchers cream cheese.

Dinners - Turkey burgers on whole wheat buns with all the fixins, Pita bread topped with lowfat part skim mozz and turkey pepperoni and pizza sauce. Wraps with a pita, lunch meat turkey or ham (with low preservatiives/sodium), mustard. Boneless skinless chicken breasts with whatever sauce/marinade. Steamed veggies with Mrs. Dash seasoning on the side. Gorton's fish fillets with salsa and lowfat sour cream.

Lunches - sandwiches, wraps, salads, whole wheat pasta

I hope this helps! I'm a certified nutrition and wellness consultant now and my bf has never complained of anything healthy I've made him eat! You just need to know how to spruce it up!