Plateu help

kvang9
kvang9 Posts: 9
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi. I'm not sure what's happening but I've seem to hit a plateu. I am eating below my min calories and exercising, yet I have stopped losing weight. Has anybody gone through this and how have you overcome it? BTW, this is my 2nd week on MFP. I've lost 11 lbs...Maybe I'm doing it too fast? Not sure...Please help.

Replies

• HollyAnnH
    HollyAnnH Posts: 81 Member
    Sounds to me like you are eating too little. I'm not an expert at this but I have read many posts about eating your exercise calories and how eating under actually works against you. Search in the posts on this topic. I know there is lots of info there for you on this. Banks is on here and he has had very wise words on this topic.

Remember slow and steady wins the race. Starving your body of nutrients is only going to hurt you.
  • carrieberrie
    carrieberrie Posts: 356 Member
    Yes, you are exercising too much and not eating enough. You body is holding on to everything you are taking in just to survive.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Okay whoa.....it's just your second week! No need to freak out just yet. Your body is still adjusting to the new habits so give it a little time. Did you take your measurements with a tape measure??? A lot of time you won't see movement on the scale but you will see that you have lost inches on your hips and waist.
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    I would tend to agree with Iceprincess.

from your profile it says you have 21 lbs left to lose, you've been on MFP for a month or less, and you've lost 11 lbs already. I'd say that's phenominal progress, considering how much you want to lose, maybe a bit too good actually.

I'm going to give you a link, I would request that you read all the posts in that link, then come back and post again here. I'll bet it gives you quite a bit to think about.

anyway, here.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again
This discussion has been closed.