Feeling Down-You're not alone

Options
Here I sit again on a Sunday night feeling like a failure. I am reminded that I was unsuccessful at getting back on track again this week. I started out great on Wednesday and quickly went downhill. Apparently my motivation, determination and will-power are hibernating. I once again broke another promise to myself-the promise that I was taking control again. I have been spiraling downwards for a couple months now, and I can’t get out of the funk. I am feeling more defeated than ever. I have been avoiding getting on the scale because I am so AFRAID of what the number is. I know I have gained weight because my clothes are getting tight. I decided to put my fear aside-step on the scale-and take it with a light heart. As I stepped on-I was already holding back the tears. As I saw the number appear on the scale-no tears fell. I just looked at the number and felt crushed. Again-I am over the number I have sworn to myself that I wouldn’t see again. As I started to step off the scale-I took a deep breath and thought to myself-this is exactly what I needed to see. This is what it’s going to take for me to wake up and get back to the healthy lifestyle I used to live.
During the afternoon today-I sat and thought about how determined I was when I first started this journey. Once I realized what I was capable of, I was unstoppable. As I was thinking-I again felt overwhelmed by how far I have fallen off the wagon, but then I realized that this is just a new start. I need to quit looking at this like I have failed. It’s another opportunity to become unstoppable again. I am capable of taking weight off and living a healthy lifestyle-I have done it before. Nothing is impossible.
I know that I am a full week into October, but I am going to make this a great month. I thought about creating a few goals I would like to accomplish this month:
Get back into a workout routine. I truly miss my workouts and my friends that I workout with!
Drink more water. (I gave up soda for the entire 2012 year-so I still drink water, but not enough of it) I am aiming for a half gallon to a gallon a day.
Do a small workout in the morning before heading to work. (No more hitting the snooze)
Keep a positive attitude!!!!
LOG everything-back to MEASURING!!!!
I know that I am not the only person who is struggling-so my message to everyone who is: Just remember if it doesn’t challenge you-it doesn’t change you. So head’s up my friends-we’ll be okay!

Replies

• lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Yep...log everything, even if you over eat, eventually you'll do the right thing. Rome wasn't built in a day, be patient, and take baby steps towards your goals.