• belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    when they nap I work like an animal, i have 6
  • Laoch_Cailin
    Laoch_Cailin Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    how do you get your excerise in???:flowerforyou:

During nap times. My daughter just started school, so now I can put the toddler in his pram and walk the legs off myself lol. I also put a little more umph into my housework and do 3 exercise classes a week at night after my husband gets in from work (kettlebells with circuits and zumba).
  • ggsmamma
    ggsmamma Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I have this fantasy that if I was able to stay at home (probably my biggest desire), I would be able to workout and my weight issues would be gone! The grass is always greener. So, in some twisted way, your post made me feel beter...I wonder if you could use videos (ie 30 day shred or??) or how old are your kids? Could you walk with them in a snuggly or a stoller?
  • ggsmamma
    ggsmamma Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    BellaDonna, If you can get 6 children to nap at the sametime, you can do anything!!!!
  • belladonna786
    Options
    BellaDonna, If you can get 6 children to nap at the sametime, you can do anything!!!!

LOL!!!! My kids are 13,12,11,8 i mean the twins ( they are 8 month old) lol when the big kids are at school and the twins are sleeping. On the weekend the older kids watch the babies so I can get my workout in :)
  • jlmac09
    Options
    I do 30DS when she is napping and also jog with her in the stroller. 30DS is only about 25 minutes so you can squeeze it in even if they are short nappers.
  • SocialRopes
    SocialRopes Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    i do my running at night after the kids go to bed. my bff is an early bird and does hers at 5 in the morning. i personally think that is nuts so i do mine btwn 8 and 10 at night. good luck!
  • 3lilangels
    3lilangels Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    im up 5 in the morning to do what I have to while gang is sleeping, then inbetween chores hop on treadmill, kids get home do some zumba, just dance, and when they go to bed whatever else I feel like doing.
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Drop off to school, go bust out a 2 -2.5 hr workout, come home eat like a monster, clean the house, prep for dinner. Do it all over again the next day. Luckily I don't have any non school age kidlets, though I miss that part a lot. Id have to switch working out to after supper so hubby could keep the kids under control if I had pre-school aged kids.
  • aoifebos1
    aoifebos1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I joined the YMCA as they have free daycare with family membership. My kids are young (2 & 7 months) so if I dont go to the Y I take them out in the double stroller and run or walk. Love my BOB stroller and would be lost without it!
  • Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I joined a gym with a daycare, but when I workout at home (my youngest is four, my other four are in school), then I allow her to join in the fun. She likes to do jumping jacks, push ups, sit ups, ect, while I do my DVD. I also have a 24 hour membership that allows me to go when everyone else is asleep and I have some down time.
  • Alishamarie48879
    Alishamarie48879 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I exercise at the same time every day...when my 8 month old takes his first nap. Usually at 9am. It was hard at first (being so early), but now it is easy. I have a 5 year old in Kindy all day, and a 4 year old. My 4 year old will color or play with toys while I get my hour of exercise in. It works for now!
  • belladonna786
    Options
    i do my running at night after the kids go to bed. my bff is an early bird and does hers at 5 in the morning. i personally think that is nuts so i do mine btwn 8 and 10 at night. good luck!

Omg! if thats you in your profile pic you are awesome!!!!
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    When they're napping, after they go to bed at night, I pop them in the double stroller and take them for a walk/jog with me. And I find exercises that they can do with me.
  • catsbc2002
    catsbc2002 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    my one is two and ill have a newborn in 3 mounths.right now i can forsure do the walking its just a matter of kicking myself in the butt lol.there is this really good trail near my house with down and up hill walking,i was looking at differnt ways of doing to get the most cals burned and i would have to walk down one way walk up the other back down and up again at least 2 times at a fast speed pushing my daughter .so going to try that and then 6 to 10 weeks after the baby ill have 2 to push which means more cals woot woot. just wish i could go to the gym to but my hubby works two jobs and i dont know anyone for childcare and for that matter i dont really want to spend the money for childcare, lol blah blah blah ill shut up now. How do you guys motivate yourself when your doing it by yourself with no partner???
  • katieto130
    Options
    I get to the gym by 5:45 in the morning before my husband leaves for work. Over and done with and I am not tempted to skip!
  • MyPsalm63
    MyPsalm63 Posts: 303
    Options
    Usually early in the morning. Sometimes I end up having to do it while they're awake. They are pretty good about letting me get it done though.
  • jenaissance
    jenaissance Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    i go to the gym at 7am, before they all get up. My kids are 8, 5, and 4. They get up at 7:30 and get themselves ready for school, so when I get home everyone is ready to go and eating breakfast
  • GeorgieLove708
    GeorgieLove708 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    How do you guys motivate yourself when your doing it by yourself with no partner???

I hit my rock bottom, couldn't let myself be like this anymore, and that is my daily motivation. You just have to find the motivation that works for you.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    with 3 boys close in age; I got plenty of exercise chasing them or having to climb trees to rescue then... then there was them always stealing food off my plate....
    I rode my bike a ot and took lots of walks- when I could sneak them in

I was skinny until about 30 (when they were middle school age).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!