What's for dinner tonight?

Options
2»

Replies

• will4change
    Options
    Oven baked sweet potates, turkey breast, salad.
  • melanieann48111
    Options
    You guys are having such yummy meals! I want one of each....wait, that defeats the purpose of being here, eh? :)
  • ractayjon
    ractayjon Posts: 365
    Options
    steamed broccoli, whole wheat pasta with chicken, a drop of olive oil and some parm cheese.
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Hi melanieann48111

I will write the recipe down for you. Its in my head and I change it around to suit my mood and the calories I have left for my dinner . :bigsmile: so I will return with the full basic recipe for you :smile:
  • guidosgal
    guidosgal Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Basic Crepe recipe
    1 cup flour
    2 eggs (you can use egg beaters)
    ½ cup milk (regular lowfat or skim)
    ½ cup water
    ¼ teaspoon salt (or Mrs. Dash)
    2 Tablespoons butter melted (or you can use EVOO)
    In large bowl mix flour and eggs gradually add milk and water stirind to combine and salt and butter beat until smooth

Heat a lightly oiled fry pan (I use a 7 inch one) you can use Pam instead of oil pour or scoop batter into skillet (I use a 1/4 cup ice cream scoop) tilt pan in circular motion until batter coats surface evenly.
    Cook crepe for about 2 minutes per side or until bottom is lightly browned

These can be kept warm in the oven until you finish making all of the crepes and are ready to stuff.

12 Servings

Amount Per Serving

Calories 72.4

Total Fat 3.1 g

Saturated Fat 1.6 g

Polyunsaturated Fat 0.2 g

Monounsaturated Fat 0.9 g

Cholesterol 41.3 mg

Sodium 77.0 mg

Potassium 21.8 mg

Total Carbohydrate 8.5 g

Dietary Fiber 0.3 g

Sugars 0.5 g

These can be filled with anything you like (fresh fruit, Veggie Saute, Nutella ect ect

Sea food filling

Servings
    1 cup Crab (fresh or canned)
    ½ cup shrimp (fresh or canned0
    Green onions (chopped and soften)
    ½ teaspoon garlic (chopped)
    Big squeeze of lemon
    Soften garlic and onion in a pan (you can use Pam or a bit of evoo)
    When soft add rest of ingredients and mix (you can also add celery, mushroom’s green pepper anything you want use you imagination )
    Now here come the fun part ( you can stuff the crepe with just this and you have 111 calories per crepe) but you can play to your hearts continent) you can add cheese (light cream cheese melted is yummy) you can add a light white sauce or pesto or salsa) divide in to 12 servings sizes and put in the crepe and roll. Now depending on what you added to the stuffing mixture just top it with something that matches I like to make a light hollandaise sauce ( that’s if I kept the filling more on the plain side)
    So 2 crepes and a big old salad and you have dinner for under 4oo cals and that’s on the high side and you jazzed it up.
    This recipe is like giranimals (mix and match baby)
    Have fun
    Pam

Amount Per Serving
    Calories 36.4 Total Fat 0.4 g Saturated Fat 0.1 g Polyunsaturated Fat 0.2 g Monounsaturated Fat 0.1 g
  • somigliana
    somigliana Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Corn chowder (but replacing the bacon with prawns) with veggies on the side.

The basic recipe for the chowder is from Healthy Food website: http://www.healthyfood.co.nz/recipes/2008/july/corn-chowder
  • melanieann48111
    Options
    Thanks for the delicious sounding recipe, Pam!!:flowerforyou: