emotional eating

I have a problem with eating to much when I get to stressed or upset. I try to go exercise when it happens but I babysit 2 3yr olds anf its hard to do. I have many craft projects started but again its hard to go to them when I have the boys. I eat healthy ... just to much. Any other suggestions out there? The last 2 days I went over calorie limit by nearly 100....help!!!!!!

Replies

• dijo
    dijo Posts: 21
    I have a problem with eating to much when I get to stressed or upset. I try to go exercise when it happens but I babysit 2 3yr olds anf its hard to do. I have many craft projects started but again its hard to go to them when I have the boys. I eat healthy ... just to much. Any other suggestions out there? The last 2 days I went over calorie limit by nearly 100....help!!!!!!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    When you are stressed or upset, it's important to allow yourself to be stressed and upset. I used to use food as a self-medication to prevent or stop these feelings. (and sometimes, I still really, really want to)

Distractions work, too. . .but better is to allow yourself to feel the emotions, at least for a few minutes.

As you become more aware of your food, you will notice this more. Some people are helped by a journal. I add a note to my food diary here on my bad days. Like: "too many carbs. . .I was really stressed today". This has helped me recognize my patterns.

Be patient with yourself.:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Also, don't sweat going over by 100 calories. It's really not a big deal to swing 100 calories one way or the other when you are on a 500 calorie deficit diet.