That is amazing! Thank you for sharing!
  • slyder432
    slyder432 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Look at you!! WOW in a good way!!
  • doitforabby
    doitforabby Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Amazing difference. Can't even tell you are the same person!
  • 2hmom
    2hmom Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hard work sure pays off,it's worth it! Awesome.
  • allisongmuro
    Options
    You look wonderful! Keep up the good work!
  • worldofme
    worldofme Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! I am forever a work in progress....but I really feel like for the first time in my life, I have a handle on this! I did NOT do this alone! I have an amazing support team on MFP!! I am forever in debt to all that this group of amazing men and women have given me!

I have tried a million 'diets' in my life, so lets just say that when I started this road to a healthy life my family was just a bit cynical. Once I found MFP and the support here....my loss went into overdrive!!

Things I have learned along the way....

1) I didn't get 'unhealthy' on my own and I wasn't going to get 'healthy' on my own.... I did however have to put myself first in terms of needs!
    2) I do not corner the market on weight/health issues! There is always going to be someone who has it 'easier' or 'more difficult'. The point is to realize this is my own personal journey and I can make it 'easier' or 'more difficult' simply by how I choose to think on any given day
    3) I do not need to eat 'everything' just because it tastes good. I can ALWAYS get more in the future...
    4) My children hear what I say....so I am never 'losing weight' but always 'living healthy'!! I do not want my children to be on their first diet by age 9!! I want them to choose to live a healthy life!
    5) My children watch me more than listen to me....so I need to workout in front of them, having them joining in...and eat healthy with them!!
    6) Mostly....I can choose to complain....or I can choose action!!! I CHOOSE ACTION!!!

Things that I have gained... are too numerous to mention and too priceless to count!!! For the FIRST TIME EVER... I worked out with my teenager. He is actively involved in his Navy JROTC group in highschool and is goal military. So, he is healthy and fit. I was able to workout with him!!!! I finished my workout and cried.....now I just can't wait for my military brother to get home from deployment so I can do the same thing with him for THE FIRST TIME EVER....and get my younger brother the Police Officer to join in!! All the firsts in my life are amazing!! I am 35 years old and just now living an active life..... too numerous to mention, too priceless to count.....
    So, I have been on this journey to health for almost 15 months. I did not find MFP until April 2012 and it has made such a huge difference for me! To date, I have gotten rid of 75 pounds.....but what I have gained can not even be measured. Here is my before pic in July 2011
    july2011.jpg

Here are my pics from September 2012
    WIEGHTLOSS2012.jpg
    weightloss2.jpg

Thank you to all that have inspired me on MFP and continue to do so....I can never repay all that you have given!!
  • zuggbug2
    Options
    WOW!!! You look amazing!! Way to go!!
  • Barbell_Jules
    Barbell_Jules Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Nice job! You look great!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!