I hate stomach exercises

Options
I hate stomach exercises ... but I need to do some ... regularly.

In recent times, I've lost a lot of weight and am now within 2 kgs of where I would be totally happy.
But my stomach is still flabby and a major contributor to a sore lower back (self-diagnosis!).

I am fitter than I was 30 years ago.
My body shape is better than it's been for 30 years
I'm about as strong as I have ever been.
AND ... I've not been to a gym in 35 years.

All I did was eat a bit better (and I emphasise 'bit') and modified my day slightly to take advantage of natural exercise opportunities.

BUT ... I have always avoided stomach exercises. They're uncomfortable ... they're time-consuming ... they hurt!
You can call me a "cry-baby" all you like, I will still avoid exercising the verandah over the tool shed.

Please, can someone give me some advice on how to incorporate non-threatening, no-pain high-gain exercises that will give me a strong, trim stomach (a 2-pack would be fine!).

Thank you in advance (and desperate hope).
Terence

Replies

• meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    planks and side planks.

or if you dont want to do direct work, there's always deadlifts, squats, pushups and pullups.
  • AdamBellfpt
    AdamBellfpt Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Stomach/Core/Ab exercises whatever you want to call them....most people hate them!

But they are important!

Some basic exercises:

The plank - you need to be very careful with your technique, if you google or youtube you'll find videos showing you good form
    Basic crunches
    Reverse crunches

Squats

Have a look on youtube for explanations of all these exercises and try a few out! Good luck
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Honestly, getting a flat stomach is more about diet then it is actual core work... so I'd work on that first, before anything else.

Hanging leg raises and sit ups are some of my favorite core work.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    5 WAYS TO BUILD STRONG ABS WITHOUT AB EXERCISES

http://www.vicmagary.com/blog/best-ab-exercises/
  • vabchloser
    vabchloser Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    p90x ab ripper x DVD...15 mins and DONE - it's tough!!
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    squats and deadlifts.

you don't need to do "stomach excercises" to have a 6 pack. just diet