Stomach Rumbling, Do I eat?

Options
2»

Replies

• cassnessxox
    Options
    Had eggs on toast this morning, stayed full a little bit longer, only just started rumbling before I went on my first break. I was thinking about maybe having some nuts around so when I start feeling hungry I can grab some nuts on the run. But how much is too much per day when it comes to nuts? And what type of nuts are healthiest?
  • cassnessxox
    Options
    Nuts! I need to know about nuts!
  • ashlielinn
    Options
    Drinking lots of water throughout the day can help, and making sure you're getting a lot of protein from your food choices! However, my tummy grumbles a lot, too, since I've started eating less and working out more. It's okay to feel hungry! I think that's the biggest thing you need to realize while losing weight - to not let the feeling of not having food the second you feel hungry control you! My tummy will rumble, but if I'm still not ready to eat - I don't! I know I'm not going to die in the half hour until lunch. You learn to live with it :)
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Well, A) you're supposed to be hungry before meal-time, and B) stomach rumbling is more a digestive thing than a signal that you're hungry. Is there any wiggle room for getting meals closer together? My 4 meals per day are about 3 hours apart (8, 11, 2, after 5). Some days I'm hungry about an hour before the meal, so I drink water or herb/green tea and tell my body we can wait. It's never that long of a wait (except overnight and getting up at 4:45 AM but not eating until 8).
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    I always listen to my body even if it means going a tad over. Maybe have an apple or a cup of grapes?

I can't do that. My body is a sadistic asshat who demands food - especially cheese, chips, chocolate, and nuts - all day every day. I have to let my brain make those decisions.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options

almonds. go for a low sodium option if you're worried about that.

a mouthful of almonds chewed slowly is supposed to help satiate hunger.

when i eat almonds, i like the "smokehouse" flavor and actually suck on them like candy before chewing them.

1oz is typically about 170 calories. that's approx. 28 almonds, or 3-4 mouthfuls.

http://www.nutraingredients.com/Research/Almonds-could-suppress-appetite-tackle-obesity

smokehouse-almonds.jpg
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    wow--so much MISINFORMATION here. OP...if you need advice please PM me.
  • lauren3101
    lauren3101 Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Have you considered that the diet you are on is simply not working for you?

I don't know which one you are doing but I do know that many of the delivered 'diet' foods have virtually no nutritional value, They may be low in calories but it's not all about that, I can eat a Weight Watchers meal for lunch and be hungry again in an hour, but f I eat a home made soup, it fills me up for 3, is much better for you and normally lower calories anyway!

Try coming off it and making proper meals at home with fresh, healthy ingredients. And drink lots of water.
  • ksmiley412
    ksmiley412 Posts: 274 Member
    Options

almonds. go for a low sodium option if you're worried about that.

a mouthful of almonds chewed slowly is supposed to help satiate hunger.

when i eat almonds, i like the "smokehouse" flavor and actually suck on them like candy before chewing them.

1oz is typically about 170 calories. that's approx. 28 almonds, or 3-4 mouthfuls.

http://www.nutraingredients.com/Research/Almonds-could-suppress-appetite-tackle-obesity

smokehouse-almonds.jpg

This^^^
    Also a half cup of Pistachios in there shells is around 160 calories
  • You should try slimming world it really helps and you get to eat loads which is healthy my mums lost 4 stone so far
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I can eat whatever I want for breakfast because Ive chosen to have my plan not include it. I would like to try something else for breakfast but I tend to have no time or effort at 5:30am lol I have avocado and eggs on toast on weekends. I used to have porridge or muesli but it wasn't much better.

look up "muffin tin eggs" its a great way to prepare eggs (with cheese, or meat, or veggies) ahead of time, freeze them, and in the morning you can just pop it in the microwave.