Do you weigh yourself every day?

Options
2»

Replies

• HollyRose
    Options
    PS
    But I really go by how my clothes are fitting, even if I gain weight because as we all know muscle weighs more than fat....
  • brife17
    Options
    this goes to siobhan...what do you mean setting up your age if it isnt on the thingy??? i might be able to help.....
  • deb_ge
    deb_ge Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have heard that people who weigh daily are more likely to keep it off. I know myself, everytime I gained it all back, I went without weighing myself for months at a time. It is like a daily commitment appoinment with my scale. Good or bad, I look at it, then deal with it.
  • Annaxlisex
    Annaxlisex Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm guilty of doing this but I do find it's easier to stay on track! Everyone is different though whatever works for you the only thing I'm afraid of is becoming obsessive about it.
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    Annaxlisex wrote: »
    I'm guilty of doing this but I do find it's easier to stay on track! Everyone is different though whatever works for you the only thing I'm afraid of is becoming obsessive about it.

FYI - This thread is almost 10 years old and it's been so long since the OP logged in to MFP that it doesn't even show the date of her last visit...just a "-". That said, strong necromancy game on your part! B)
  • kejw08
    kejw08 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself first thing every morning for similar reasons to yours. However, I use my Sunday weigh in as my "official" one for the week and that is the only weight that gets logged.
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Holy zombie thread, Batman! This one went over nine years before it was resurrected!
  • CafeRacer808
    CafeRacer808 Posts: 2,396 Member
    Options
    bwogilvie wrote: »
    Holy zombie thread, Batman! This one went over nine years before it was resurrected!

This must be a record for the oldest thread resurrected on MFP, no?
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,686 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh every day. I used to and I found that it would affect how I ate in a really negative way. If I lost more than I expected, the response was, "Oh good, I don't have to be as careful today." If I gained weight, I'd say, "This is not working. I might as well eat what I want." Either way, it became a reason to stop dieting.

My weight fluctuates a lot. I prefer to weigh myself every week to ten days, when I actually have a real result and not just .1. I don't weigh after a hard workout or a dinner out, to minimize water retention. It has worked for me.
  • swartepiet2
    swartepiet2 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I used to as a form of discipline. Discovered the significance of water retention and effect on weight. Now i use my belt as the primary daily gauge.
  • TMW2119
    TMW2119 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I weigh first thing every morning and record my weight whether I lose or gain. I can look back over the last 3 months and see a line that up and down, but always results in a decrease. It has helped me understand fluctuations and I can see that gains are usually tied to too much sodium in my diet. I find it educational to track it.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    H to the no. I know when I'm heavy because of water or extra food volume. I don't need to see it.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh myself everyday. But now i do it a few times a week, and only if i've gone to the loo both 1&2. If that hasn't happened before i have my first cup of coffee then i put it off to the next day.
  • UltimateTrashBae
    UltimateTrashBae Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    dlbrock31 wrote: »
    I weigh myself on Mondays and Fridays only.

Same. It lets me track how well I'm doing during the work week and how badly I messed up over the weekend, haha!
  • EricaCraigie
    EricaCraigie Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    Yes - because I use a spreadsheet program that gives me a weekly average. I compare week to week :)