Progress Pics 50lbs+ Down.... WITH PCOS!

Options
124»

Replies

• Amlong1977
    Amlong1977 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    At the beginning if this year I was the heaviest I have ever been. It was established that in addition to my awful and mindless eating habits over the years, i also had PCOS (as most fellow sufferers out there know it causes weight gain). I felt tired ALL the time, sluggish, had the most horrendous heartburn and headaches on a daily basis. Something HAD to give....

This was me at my heaviest (around 215-220lbs)

268332_10150244026448011_2720108_n.jpg

This was me a wee while on after MFP, but no exercise whatsoever at this point...

166095_4056294896688_1205548176_n.jpg

9 months on, mindful eating and exercise 161lbs. Heartburn gone, headaches gone, energy levels up and blood sugar back under control!!

IMAG0198.jpg

Can anyone notice a real difference?OMG!!! HELL YES!!! You have the body I want, not skinny, curvy! Your waist is TINY & you kept your boobs. You have a perfect hourglass figure! WTG!!!
  • Amlong1977
    Amlong1977 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You don't think my measurements now are disproportionate?

Bust: 36GG
    Waist: 30in
    Hips: 40in
    No way! But doesn't your back hurt carrying around all that boobage? Lol. I'll bet it's impossible to find bras. Seriously, you look BEAUTIFUL!!!
  • NatyRusso
    Options
    You Look AMAZING! my 20 year old daughter has PCOS (4 years now) and gained a lot of weight (she is a tiny 4'11) and had all those nasty symptoms you mentioned. She has lost 17 pounds so far, and is feeling better, her Endo even lowered her meds dosage! You look so great, I am going to show her your pictures, thanks for posting, encouragement is essential! thank you!
  • Domi_BTGfit
    Options
    Congrats! I suffer from PCOS as well and I started at 213lbs, but have gotten down to 147lbs in the last 15 months. It's hard, so be SUPER proud of yourself!!
  • Nilleyward
    Nilleyward Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you!!! I have that awful illness, trying to get down to the 160's also it's hard with this disease but you just gave me the motivation I needed to keep going!!
  • hanniejong
    hanniejong Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    You look awesome, it is so good to see success stories, it keeps the rest of us motivated,
    Congrats on achieving yur goal!!!
  • mylifeisbeautiful
    mylifeisbeautiful Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I can DEFINITELY see a difference! You have such a beautiful slender waist! So glad to hear about your health improving. Keep up the great work! :D
  • mylifeisbeautiful
    mylifeisbeautiful Posts: 292 Member
    Options

I believe the term is hourglass ;) You look great!
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options

Can anyone notice a real difference?

YES! There is a difference! You have a waist now! A lovely beautiful waist. Women will be envious that you managed to keep your boobs! :D *claps hands excitedly!*

You should be very very very proud. :)

^^this. Exactly this. Great job! Definite difference! Beautiful curves. Tiny waist. Can I hate you a little bit? ;)
  • Joannie30
    Joannie30 Posts: 415 Member
    Options

No way! But doesn't your back hurt carrying around all that boobage? Lol. I'll bet it's impossible to find bras. Seriously, you look BEAUTIFUL!!!

Yes it does hurt sometimes lol but i'm pretty used to the back pain now. My boobs have been this size for years- even before i gained all the weight. Yes it DEFINITELY makes it extremely hard to find bras- especially nice, pretty ones. I got a few nice ones the other day after a LOT of searching! lol

Thank you!!
  • Joannie30
    Options
    You Look AMAZING! my 20 year old daughter has PCOS (4 years now) and gained a lot of weight (she is a tiny 4'11) and had all those nasty symptoms you mentioned. She has lost 17 pounds so far, and is feeling better, her Endo even lowered her meds dosage! You look so great, I am going to show her your pictures, thanks for posting, encouragement is essential! thank you!

Aw no the poor girl! PCOS is not a fun thing to go through one bit. I was only diagnosed at the beginning of this year (when i was 30) and it was a bit of a blow for me at that age. Can't imagine what she must feel like at 20!! Well done to her for losing so much weight! 17 lbs is absolutely amazing!! It does make a massive difference to symptoms. A lot of my symptoms have improved a lot since losing the weight i have lost. By all means show her my pictures, and tell her that this condition we have is not going to define us, but instead it will make us stronger.
  • Joannie30
    Options

Can anyone notice a real difference?

YES! There is a difference! You have a waist now! A lovely beautiful waist. Women will be envious that you managed to keep your boobs! :D *claps hands excitedly!*

You should be very very very proud. :)

^^this. Exactly this. Great job! Definite difference! Beautiful curves. Tiny waist. Can I hate you a little bit? ;)

:laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!