Beachbody Team

Options
2»

Replies

• siobhannestor
    Options
    Question for all of you who are coaches!

As I mentioned in my earlier post in this thread, I have PTTD, which means that I have lost - literally broken the tendons on the inside of my right foot. It's serious because this means that the tendons on the outside must carry all of my weight and if I don't watch my foot carefully, I could destroy those tendons as well.

I love beach body workouts - right now am doing Sean T's Rockin' Body & mixing that with some Jillian Michaels' workouts, both of which I am able to adapt.

I had to stop doing Turbo Jam because the Capoiera (sp?) moves, which demand that the ankle turn a lot. put too much stress on my foot (I worked with a physical therapist to figure out what I can and can't do).

I will be ready to buy a new video in the next couple months, but don't want to spend money on a workout that I can't do.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Shivaun
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,734 Member
    Options
    Hi Shivaun,

I'm a Beachbody coach, but I'm certainly not a doctor, so I can't tell you for sure what workouts would be safe for you to do. From what you've described, it sounds like Slim in 6 might work for you.

Beachbody does have a 30-day money-back guarantee on all its products, so you don't have to worry about spending money on a program you can't do. I've copied and pasted this directly from their Customer Service FAQ page:

"What is the Team Beachbody Money-Back Guarantee?

All Beachbody products sold through Team Beachbody come with at least a 30-day money-back guarantee. Your order may have a longer guarantee if you ordered during a special promotion. The guarantee period starts on the date of delivery. You may return opened and partially used items."

You can sign up for free and check out the Beachbody store to see what programs sound good to you by going here:
    https://teambeachbody.com/signup/-/signup/free?referringRepId=8062

Let me know if you do try a new program and how it works for you. Good luck!
  • kangababy
    kangababy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    So sad too say I have alot of the Beach Body Programs but don't use them that much..
    We are doing the insanity workout now and it is killer... We are using the P90X Ab tape with it..

I also have Hip Hop Abs, P90X of course, Yogga Booty Ballet, Turbo Jam and just ordered the Chalene Extreme!

I prefer working out with a trainer and the gym but these are great when I can get a group to do them!!
  • siobhannestor
    Options
    Hi Shivaun,

I'm a Beachbody coach, but I'm certainly not a doctor, so I can't tell you for sure what workouts would be safe for you to do. From what you've described, it sounds like Slim in 6 might work for you.

Beachbody does have a 30-day money-back guarantee on all its products, so you don't have to worry about spending money on a program you can't do. I've copied and pasted this directly from their Customer Service FAQ page:

"What is the Team Beachbody Money-Back Guarantee?

All Beachbody products sold through Team Beachbody come with at least a 30-day money-back guarantee. Your order may have a longer guarantee if you ordered during a special promotion. The guarantee period starts on the date of delivery. You may return opened and partially used items."

You can sign up for free and check out the Beachbody store to see what programs sound good to you by going here:
    https://teambeachbody.com/signup/-/signup/free?referringRepId=8062

Let me know if you do try a new program and how it works for you. Good luck!

Hi Jill, thanks for responding - I always forget about the 30-day money back guarantee. SI6 was actually my first BB program, years ago! It helped me to lose a lot of weight (I was slim until my 40's, then lost a lot of weight and kept it off for several years with BB, regained it with a string of events last year that made it difficult to exercise). SI6 was actually one of the suggestions I got from BB staff in the teambeachbody forums. Do you know anything about the Slim Series? Is there variety in music, etc? I understand the science behind SI6 but the lack of variety makes it something I don't think that I can do again and sustain...

Shivaun

P.S., (edited to add this) Also, I love, love, love working with weights...
  • PJilly
    Options
    Funny you should ask about Slim Series. I just ordered it Friday and waiting eagerly for it to get here. I'll let you know what I think after I get to try it out. I love working with weights too. I've been using the Sculpt 3-4 from Power 90 for my strength training and Ramp It Up and Cardio Core Express for my cardio. I've been doing that for quite some time now and decided it was time to mix it up. I thought about doing another round of P90X, but my heart just isn't in it right now, so I decided to give Slim Series a whirl...
  • Scoobees
    Scoobees Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I would love to know your opinion on the Slim Series also! I'm nearing the end of SI6 and am hoping to continue on with the Slim Series - if I can manage to get thru Burn it Up a few more times :) I hear there's lots more variety which is what I am most interested in.
  • jenstalder
    Options
    I would love to know your opinion on the Slim Series also! I'm nearing the end of SI6 and am hoping to continue on with the Slim Series - if I can manage to get thru Burn it Up a few more times :) I hear there's lots more variety which is what I am most interested in.

i have not done the series but have heard from my friends that they really like it. I am using ChaLEAN Extreme and have fallen in love with it. I def. feel the burn... it is a great workout. if you are thinking of switching and want to know more before you buy please let me know i would love to tell you more..
  • Scoobees
    Scoobees Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Hi! I actually do have ChaLEAN Extreme also. I was hoping it was the answer for me, but I pushed too hard with the heavy weights and ended up re-injuring my shoulder and it was way too hard on my knees. My orthopedic doc said no squatting/lunging with weights anymore, but I am thankful that at least SI6 doesn't seem to aggravate anything. I do love Chalene though - Turbo Jam was my very first BB program.
  • jenstalder
    Options
    that totally stinks that you cant do CE.. but atleast you found si6... it is always good to have something to help.. scary not having anything.. keep up the good work and keep pushing play...
  • PJilly
    Options
    I just posted in the other thread (Slim in 6) that my Slim Series package arrived yesterday. Wahoo! I'll started on it today. :happy:
  • jenstalder
    Options
    way to go PJilly... did my butt kicker this morning .. makes the day start off great. have a good one and go saints:bigsmile:
  • siobhannestor
    Options
    Funny you should ask about Slim Series. I just ordered it Friday and waiting eagerly for it to get here. I'll let you know what I think after I get to try it out. I love working with weights too. I've been using the Sculpt 3-4 from Power 90 for my strength training and Ramp It Up and Cardio Core Express for my cardio. I've been doing that for quite some time now and decided it was time to mix it up. I thought about doing another round of P90X, but my heart just isn't in it right now, so I decided to give Slim Series a whirl...

Thanks, can't wait to get your report! :D
  • PJilly
    Options
    Check out this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/74982-slim-in-6-group-starting-monday-morning-1-11-2010?page=4

That's where I'm reporting on my Slim Series workouts. Thanks!