Over 50 & Staying Fit - Share Your Experience

FitnessOver50
FitnessOver50 Posts: 35
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi, my name is Peter. I am 52 years old. About a year ago I hired a trainer and decided to get on a diet and fitness program that would produce results. Basically, I became obsessed with fitness over 50.

I had tried to train on my own on and off for years. The results were always the same. After 3-4 months I would lose motivation and stop. I never really knew what I was doing and the results never materialized. I was never really in bad shape, so giving up and stopping was not a big deal.

However, this time it was! So I hired a trainer because I realized I was now living the back nine. I was determined to live the back nine as I did the front nine. For me the front nine was pretty good.

I must say that the trainer helped me to reach my goals. I am now healthier and in better shape than I have ever been. I also never have to worry about motivation either.

I would like to hear from individuals over 50. What are your health and fitness goals. Please share your experiences and your success stories.

Replies

• ropsnik
    ropsnik Posts: 68 Member
    I recommend you read "Younger Next Year". Great book on how cardio & weight training can improve the life of a senior. I am in the same camp with you having just turned age 59.
This discussion has been closed.