Need accountability and encouragement friends! Please read!

Options
I am a 51 year old Mom of 4 great kids and a registered nurse by trade. I have been struggling to get my nutrition under control. I am very diligent in exercise and rarely miss a day, I do Insanity, P90x, cycling and running. But diet is where I really struggle. I know the "method" for healthy eating but in the weak moments, I overdo it on sugary snacks. That is my weakness.

My BMI is closer to 28 than 27. I want to get to 24, which means I need to lose about 40 pounds, maybe a little less. I am wearing a size 14 and my goal is size 10.

Next fall I am taking a cross country bicycle trip and don't want any extra baggage on board in the way of extra body weight.

My goal is to lose a pound a week. MFP has my calorie intake at about 1320.

Today I made my diet log publicly visible to friends. Now I need some MFP friends who will help me be accountable. I will also help you and provide encouragement along the way.

I hope this isn't TMI! I hope there are folks out there with similar struggles, or the opposite struggle, and we can help push, pull cajole, encourage each other along the way.

Replies

• Amo_Angelus
    Amo_Angelus Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Good luck in your weight loss journey!
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Ok, do you want people to call you on it when you mess up continually, or do you just want people to pat you on the back no matter what? I totally get that we all make mistakes, and I can be very supportive, but I will call people out when I think it's necessary.
  • terra32903
    terra32903 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Ok, do you want people to call you on it when you mess up continually, or do you just want people to pat you on the back no matter what? I totally get that we all make mistakes, and I can be very supportive, but I will call people out when I think it's necessary.

I am adding you as you are exactly the type of pal I need :-) I cringe when I see WTG's on a diary full of nothing but garbage.

Mom of 4....feel free to add me also if Jennifer and I are what you are looking for :-) Good luck on your journey!
  • lesita75
    lesita75 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent. I also want to be kept accountable.
  • dlpnrn2b
    dlpnrn2b Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as I am here everyday and love to keep people accountable and vise versa :) Congrats on being a MFP member!! No better site in my opinion !!
  • mwalle09
    mwalle09 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Eating better is my biggest struggle too! feel free to add me
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I have the same belief, I think sometimes you can get sidetracked and you need a buddy to say hey, off the couch do your exercise and no treats !lol bootcamp, im not tha bad but i will point out errors, feel free to add me x I also fall off the side from time to time and could do with some like minded folk to keep me going forward xxx have a great journey :)
  • hajir7
    hajir7 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    you are in the right site, I was size 14 on July, now I wear size 10, and you can do it. add me if you like:smile:
  • momof4greatkids1
    momof4greatkids1 Posts: 88 Member
    Options

I definitely would like constructive criticism on my food choices....I won't take it personally! I am here to learn and hopefully emulate practices that have worked for others.
  • 30Purple
    30Purple Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I'm here every day :)
  • MzStarrQueenB
    MzStarrQueenB Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I need to lose about 40 pounds too..

You can add me :smile:

If you set your mind to it, you can accomplish anything.....

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8987-serious-diet-support-group
  • LunaSea97
    Options
    But diet is where I really struggle. I know the "method" for healthy eating but in the weak moments, I overdo it on sugary snacks. That is my weakness.

I definitely hear you on that one! I didn't even think to make my diary public...I'd be in so much trouble. =) You have convinced me that might be the way to go and then stock up on MFP friends. I am so bad about getting on here and logging everything and eating correctly all the time and I know that is definitely my problem with losing weight. If you would like to add me as a friend I would love to help out. "Bossing you around" would give me some incentive. hahahahaha
  • laarae
    laarae Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I'm 55 a mother of 5-grandmother of seven-I have another 80+ to lose. Add me if you'd like
  • sailing_gal
    sailing_gal Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I need help with accountability too! 46 and kids are grown, but struggle with metabolism, I think it definately gets harder as we get older. Have to eat less and excersize more. Good Luck! Add me if you think it will help.
  • jamielynn020610
    jamielynn020610 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You can go ahead and add me. I am on here everyday, maybe 4 or 5 times a day.
  • momof4greatkids1
    momof4greatkids1 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    . Have to eat less and excersize more.

Genius! You should write a book! :-) sounds so easy, in practice, it's tough
  • Amlong1977
    Amlong1977 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm going to add you. You sound like just the kind of friend I need! I've lost 91 lbs & have 53 more to go. Good luck!
  • Amlong1977
    Amlong1977 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    You sound like someone I need to be friends with! Constructive criticism is great!
  • dilizharb
    Options
    I am new here...not sure how everything works, but would love to have a group of "friends" to support and encourage each other on this journey! I need to lose 40lbs AT LEAST...and have really been doing poorly the past month, so this is why I wanted to find a place that would encourage me. I look forward to learning how this all works!
  • eidc
    eidc Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I did send you a friend request. I need accountability in the exercise department not so much in the food department but any help is OK by me!