Riced cauliflower recipes!

Options

Replies

• LovingKay
    LovingKay Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Nice... sounds like it would be great with a chili recipe! I can't wait to cook it!
  • chsmith79
    chsmith79 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I know when me and the wife were eating low-carb, we substituted cauliflower for rice and mashed potatoes
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I like making mashed potatoes and cauliflower together. That way, you get some potato, but not too much.
  • debi_f
    debi_f Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I just tried this tonight, and it was LOVELY!

1 cup mashed cauliflower (I cut it small and microwave in a sealed bowl until mush, then mash it with a potato masher)
    1/4 cup broccoli chopped small
    1/4 cup shredded cheddar
    dash of garlic pepper
    dash of onion salt

Mix everything together in a bowl (saving about 1/2 of the cheddar to the side), then divide into 6 muffin papers (is that the correct term?). Top with the remaining cheddar and bake for about 10 minutes (until the top cheddar is melted nicely). A single serving (2 of the "muffins") has 44 calories and only 2 carbs (one of which is fiber).

As for the rice, I use it in everything you would normally use rice (under stir-fry meals, with Chinese take-away, mixed with salsa for a version of "mexican rice"). It's perfect for that kind of thing!
  • jmudukz
    jmudukz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    OH! I love "fried" cauliflower rice, but I'm going to try your burrito bowl recipe! Thanks for sharing!
  • janlee_001
    janlee_001 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I just tried this tonight, and it was LOVELY!

1 cup mashed cauliflower (I cut it small and microwave in a sealed bowl until mush, then mash it with a potato masher)
    1/4 cup broccoli chopped small
    1/4 cup shredded cheddar
    dash of garlic pepper
    dash of onion salt

Mix everything together in a bowl (saving about 1/2 of the cheddar to the side), then divide into 6 muffin papers (is that the correct term?). Top with the remaining cheddar and bake for about 10 minutes (until the top cheddar is melted nicely). A single serving (2 of the "muffins") has 44 calories and only 2 carbs (one of which is fiber).

As for the rice, I use it in everything you would normally use rice (under stir-fry meals, with Chinese take-away, mixed with salsa for a version of "mexican rice"). It's perfect for that kind of thing!

That sounds good.
  • tizachary
    Options
    Think I need to get some cauliflower =)
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    Bump
  • janlee_001
    janlee_001 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I've made the califlower pizza about 6 times now and the first 2 times I put on the the toppings right away. I never really had 'pizza' that you could hand hold.

Last night I just made crusts and the one I put on parchment paper came out the best.

I also used the frozen florets which was much easier I just put them in my blender.
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,370 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • MummyMikaela
    MummyMikaela Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • hereisgone125
    hereisgone125 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    bump
  • purplecharm
    purplecharm Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • amieandjoey
    Options
    Thanks for reviving this thread, never knew what cauliflower rice was... Bump!
  • labrennan
    labrennan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    bump! great ideas!
  • atrebor18
    atrebor18 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    http://www.keyingredient.com/recipes/151352101/cauliflower-cheese-sticks/

I made these cauliflower cheese sticks tonight and it was the first "healthy substitute" recipe I really liked!! It was pretty easy and tasty! I l was skeptical about it hardening up and being able to flip but it worked! I even used low fat cheese so for half of the batch it was only like 130 calories according to the recipe calculator.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options
    Awesome ideas here. Thanks!
  • loriamcq
    Options
    Great idea! I found some recipies including Lime Cilantro Riced Cauliflower and I'll try it this week for sure http://allrecipes.com/recipe/lime-cilantro-cauliflower-rice/
  • literatelier
    literatelier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Dyann_Alvarez
    Dyann_Alvarez Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Bump... And thanks!