Scales

Options
Good morning,
I have a question to ask everyone. I have a digital scale that has been acting up. I can't ever get a correct weight. Last night it said that I was 142.0. This morning it said that I was 147.4 and 148.7. I am about to throw the stupid thing away. The one I had before my daughter's got it wet, worked BEAUTIFULLY! Now, I am to the point that I am debating on going to the analog scale or just buy a new digital scale. Can you guys please give me suggestions on which is better and where to buy a new one? Thanks inadvance. :wink:

Replies

• nevermore99
    Options
    Did you try to change the battery? It is the most likely cause.
    Second. Most likely is moisture (and unfortunately almost always fatal to the scale).

You can always try to remove the battery and wait for about 5-10minutes before inserting it again.
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I bought a digital scale on sale at Kohls at least 6 years ago. I think it was around $20 and it still does me good every day! (well, except after the days I eat too much...)
  • skinnybitchbarbie27
    skinnybitchbarbie27 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    One of the biggest problems with at home digital scales is they will have alternate readings if the floor is even a tiny bit uneven. I am able to weigh 238 on one part of my kitchen and I was curious and one of the readings I recieved was 246!! I would try to find the most even part of the floor or buy a nice piece of flat tile to put it on.

A scale being uneven can give very poor readings!