Which shoes to choose??

lizzle
lizzle Posts: 2
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I currently am running in Brooks and I LOVE them. They give me great support, are lightweight, and keep my feet cool. I am in the market for a new pair of running shoes because my are wearing out. I am looking at Brooks again but would like some other suggestions in case there are some options I haven't researched. The Brooks are pricey, definately worth it because they keep me supported while I'm running. I believe that good shoes are the most important part of running. I would like to know there are less expensive shoes that I'm just not aware of or have not considered. Is there maybe a website I can go to to compare different brands based on my needs? Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

Replies

• lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    I think that running shoes are the one thing that you shouldn't skimp on, not worth it to do damage to your knees or shins. I go to a good running shoe store and have them watch my walk and look at the wear of my shoes. If your shoes are working, maybe you can search on line for a better deal if you know the model number. Good Luck!:tongue:
  • I agree that you shouldn't skimp on your shoes, but you shouldn't have to pay $100 or more... It's important to go to a store that specializes in athletic shoes so they can analyze how you run (if your foot slips to the outside, inside or remains stable), so that your shoes have the appropriate support (sometimes just available in an insert!)... From my running "maniac" friends, I hear that Saucony is a good shoe that is also a good value :)
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Shoes are important - it'll affect your feet, your legs, hips etc..
    I agree with redhead - go to a specialized store that will be able to determine if you over protonate or under protonate. Google it and you may even be able to determine this yourself. I think it was runners world that recently had a review of some of the best runners - especially based on your size and gait.
    Personally I love my asics. I'm not an efficient runner, I'm a heavier set runner and my foot is wide. My friend is a "light" runner and efficient runner and loves her Mizuno storm.
    TRY ON MANY, but don't give in to style or trends!!
This discussion has been closed.