Holistic doc is having me try anti inflammatory diet!

Options
I'm excited AND dreading it. I'm trying to wean myself off caffiene now in preperation. I'm basically doing an elimination diet with the sueprvision of this new doc and a nutritionist. First week, cut out caffeine, sugar, breads, pastas, red meat. etc. 2nd week, take it a step further and cut out all meat. 3rd week, start adding things back in to see what upsets my IBS and causes flares in my hormone levels in regards to my PCOS. It's going to be interesting, but it's going to be really hard to cut out these foods. I'm trying to approach it with a "there is no try, there is only do or do not" attitude. I am going to stick to it because I'm extremely curious to see how the foods affect me and (hopefully) how much better I feel. Has anyone participated in something similar to this and can offer any advice/support? Thank you!

Replies

• MuddyEquestrian
    MuddyEquestrian Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I am on an anti inflammatory diet! It's actually much easier than I was anticipating. For me it worked wonders and now I feel fantastic. It helped with some joint inflammation I was having as well as IBS. Good luck! You won't regret it, once you get in the routine it's easy!
  • titianwasp
    titianwasp Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I have been having joint pain recently, especially the week before TOM, and am doing much the same thing. Adding in the dark green leafies, cutting the wheat and red meat. I figure it can't hurt, and might help. Isn't this what we're all supposed to be doing in general anyway? Glass of red wine, fish rather than steak, lotsa veg?

Let me know how it goes. I am hopeful, because even typing this makes my fingers hurt a bit.