took a user's advice

Options
danae16
danae16 Posts: 62 Member
I took a user's advice and tried looking for other measures of success besides the scale. This weekend I wore a pair of jeans that a month ago gave me bad muffin top. While they were still snug I wasn't busting out of them. Also - I was going to go through some dresses and get rid of the ones that didn't fit...except they all are beginning to fit again. :) I have some shirts that I'm convinced have shrunk and I'll never get into again, but I still felt really good about all of this. I haven't really lost any weight, but I'm toning up and losing inches and that is success. Oh and because I do boxing/kickboxing - i can kick booty too. :)

Replies

• wendytc
    wendytc Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Great job! When my scale does not budge and I know I am doing the right things, before I allow myself to get frustrated, I go closet surfing to see what may fit! Definite morale booster!!
  • sheleen302
    sheleen302 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Great job! When my scale does not budge and I know I am doing the right things, before I allow myself to get frustrated, I go closet surfing to see what may fit! Definite morale booster!!

This is what I do too! It's the only way I can stay motivated...Since I do my own measurements, I'm never 100% sure I'm pulling the tape with the same pull or even measuring in the exact same place. Forget the scale--I lose in clumps and usually only post a 2-3 lbs loss a month, usually all at once then nothing. The only way I get a feel for sure is closet surfing.
  • emilygh1974
    emilygh1974 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 11 in 3 months, and I was b****ing about it earlier, but today I realized my pants are super loose, so here's to NSV's!
  • GR8TAWK
    GR8TAWK Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I stay away from the scale, it is not my friend. I go closet surfing also and I feel so much better. Clothes are loose and some even fall off.
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    I've only lost 20 lbs according to the scale but this weekend I donated 44 lbs of "fat" clothes to Goodwill. I am down three sizes in 7 months!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    I am glad you have found ways to motivate yourself. Congrats on your success. That is what I try to do as well, try on something I havent worn in a while and see how it fits, because my scale hasn't moved since I refocused my priorities in August. I do cardio and weightlifting, so I am just pushing through
  • mrsna
    mrsna Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Here is to NSVs! Hang in there and keep doing the right things. Eventually the scales will reflect all the hard work too!
  • kruggsy
    kruggsy Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I will take on board all that you are all saying as the scales absolutely depress me. Here goes!!! de -scale the scale.
  • mamakjknows
    Options
    This is so true. I was getting frustrated by the lack of movement on my scale when I decided to go weed clothes out of my closet. Imagine my suprise and pleasure at finding out that my too tight pants now fit just right. I've only lost 13 pounds, but I'm down 2 sizes. I'll swear by that any day of the week! Screw the scale!!!
  • Sahara0815
    Options
    You listened to some very good advice. I do weigh myself but the closet is a terrific motivator for me. I've given away a closet and a half of clothes because I don't want anything in the house that I can fit in if I gain anything back! (I still have a couple of closets to clean out ... yeah, I had quite the wardrobe!) I've been able to fit into a lot of things that I never thought would fit me and some of those are now too big and belong to other people. I'm lucky because I can dress really casually (jeans) at my job, where my last job was very corporate ... losing weight would have been an expensive investment in new clothes. Yikes!

One really cool thing that happened recently is that I needed a dress for a wedding that's coming up this weekend. I couldn't find anything appropriate locally and ordered a dress and I was so nervous that it was going to be way too small, and it's now at the seamstress because it was actually too big! It was so funny because when it came, my husband said "what's in the box?" and I told him it had to be my dress. He said "but the box is awfully small" and I told him that made me nervous, too. What a lovely surprise it was that it was too big when I put it on! As we all know ... it's much easier to have a dress taken in than made bigger ... haha!
  • kendy45
    Options
    I chose not to go by what my scale is saying because I know that I am doing what I am supposed to be doing to lose weight. I exercise my butt off every day twice a day and eat my required calories and it says that I gained weight. How is that possible?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!