losing all my motivaion

Options
have worked realy hard the last 40 days or so ad have lost a stone, and want to lose another one which will take me down to 9. i still have a belly hanging over my jeans and it is getting me down to the extent i cant be bothered going to the gym, and when do go im not putting my heart into it... i have not been eating massive amouns of jun, and although i have not put weight o and still at 10 stone i still look like what i did at 11 stonewhen i started, i cant find the motivation i had, looking for miricles, knowing they dont exist!!

Replies

• LovePBandJ
    LovePBandJ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    are you doing cardio at the gym or are you lifting heavy? You may want to search the Success boards here to witness the ladies who have lost by lifting heavy weights verses cardio. Cardo seems to produce a smaller version of the same body. Heavy lifting transforms the entire shape.

Don't let your frustration win! You will win even if you don't change a thing, logging your intake and going to the gym. You will lose if you give up. We all get frustrated. The difference between those who make it and those who don't are the winners fought through their frustrating days.

You are a winner --- keep it up!
  • lepow
    lepow Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! You've won the first battle of getting started, don't let the second battle of continuing throw you off. I hit a plateau of sorts in September, and the scale only moved 2 lbs all month. I stayed the course and kept eating healthily and exercising regularly and now, I've already lost 2.5 lbs so far in October (and it's only the 8th day!!). Just keep trucking along; it will be worth it in the end!!
  • brotherloogie
    Options
    dont loose motivation! you can do it! if it is your stomach area that you are trying to target try doing crunches. they work more of the stomach muscles then sit ups. try looking at these images. they should help you specifically target the area you wish to work on http://fitnessorhealth.wordpress.com/2010/07/23/six-pack-solid-abs-workout/
  • yowza101
    yowza101 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    It's easy to get down on yourself and wonder what is the point when the weight don't go down as fast as you like it. What I love about this site is that all of us have gotten to that point, many times when we hit a plateau of sorts. I've often heard that you have to change up your routine because your muscles get in a rut. Don't know what you're doing but maybe you want to look into something new to do and switch up every few weeks. Because of my knees, I can't get on the floor and do sit ups, etc...so I do standing crunches and things like that. I do the Walking Away the Pounds series but with the toning bands, because she works from the shoulders to your legs. But I know there are loads of dvd's just for problem areas.

The main thing, don't give up on yourself. It took years for us to put the weight on, so it's going to take some time getting it off.
  • wkhaywood
    wkhaywood Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I totally know how that feels, and you're right, there are no miracles, just hard work. When I get in that rut, I just go to the gym anyway. Even if I'm not putting my heart into it, I'm there, I'm moving, I'm burning a few calories at least, and most importantly, I haven't broken the habit of going. Completely normal to feel the way you feel, but don't give up; you can do it!
  • jillm85
    jillm85 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    are you doing cardio at the gym or are you lifting heavy? You may want to search the Success boards here to witness the ladies who have lost by lifting heavy weights verses cardio. Cardo seems to produce a smaller version of the same body. Heavy lifting transforms the entire shape.

Don't let your frustration win! You will win even if you don't change a thing, logging your intake and going to the gym. You will lose if you give up. We all get frustrated. The difference between those who make it and those who don't are the winners fought through their frustrating days.

i do mostly cardio, i walk/jog 1000 calories on the treadmill and do short bursts of 100 on cross trainer, rowing machine or bike...
    i do a little weights, but might do more..
    thanks
  • jillm85
    Options
    Don't give up! You've won the first battle of getting started, don't let the second battle of continuing throw you off. I hit a plateau of sorts in September, and the scale only moved 2 lbs all month. I stayed the course and kept eating healthily and exercising regularly and now, I've already lost 2.5 lbs so far in October (and it's only the 8th day!!). Just keep trucking along; it will be worth it in the end!!
    thank you, i am trying, im not going to the gym tonight im going to see taken 2 but role on tomoro i shall work hard and get back in the zone!!
  • jillm85
    Options
    dont loose motivation! you can do it! if it is your stomach area that you are trying to target try doing crunches. they work more of the stomach muscles then sit ups. try looking at these images. they should help you specifically target the area you wish to work on http://fitnessorhealth.wordpress.com/2010/07/23/six-pack-solid-abs-workout/
    great thanks... it is my tummy everything else seems thin, my arms are thin my legs are ok but need toned, i have a bit of a bum and a big belly, due to 2 kids, but with having lost 3 stone altogether (1 stone since starting mfp) it decidedly smaller just not to what i dream of xx
  • jillm85
    Options
    It's easy to get down on yourself and wonder what is the point when the weight don't go down as fast as you like it. What I love about this site is that all of us have gotten to that point, many times when we hit a plateau of sorts. I've often heard that you have to change up your routine because your muscles get in a rut. Don't know what you're doing but maybe you want to look into something new to do and switch up every few weeks. Because of my knees, I can't get on the floor and do sit ups, etc...so I do standing crunches and things like that. I do the Walking Away the Pounds series but with the toning bands, because she works from the shoulders to your legs. But I know there are loads of dvd's just for problem areas.

The main thing, don't give up on yourself. It took years for us to put the weight on, so it's going to take some time getting it off.
    i have been up and down for a few years now, started off at the weight i am now, 10 stone, to 11.5 to 11 to 13 to 11 to 11.5 to 11 to 9.5 them to 11 again, now to 10. i want down to 9, as i know i wont have any flabby bits to moan about for sure... i know there are bigger people on here than i am but its about the persons mind too, it can be upsetting.. and it is look at my pics
  • jillm85
    Options
    I totally know how that feels, and you're right, there are no miracles, just hard work. When I get in that rut, I just go to the gym anyway. Even if I'm not putting my heart into it, I'm there, I'm moving, I'm burning a few calories at least, and most importantly, I haven't broken the habit of going. Completely normal to feel the way you feel, but don't give up; you can do it!
    im seriously trying not to, thank you and your right, if i got off my bum and only did some at least its some!!
  • AverageAngel
    AverageAngel Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Have you ever tried wearing a neoprene tummy wrap? When I first started running, my lower tummy hurt from the jiggle, and it made me SUPER self conscious. They are really inexpensive.. but I loved feeling held in, and it warmed my core more, causing good sweat.
    Just food for thought. We are all pulling for you! Have a good day!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Congrats on losing a stone!!

Sometimes I just need a change. I got a book on 'bodyweight' exercises. I started doing those last week. (Push-ups, squats, lunges, etc...)

So, maybe find something different to do? Switch things up.
  • jillm85
    Options
    Have you ever tried wearing a neoprene tummy wrap? When I first started running, my lower tummy hurt from the jiggle, and it made me SUPER self conscious. They are really inexpensive.. but I loved feeling held in, and it warmed my core more, causing good sweat.
    Just food for thought. We are all pulling for you! Have a good day!
    no i shall have a look, i love a good sweat lol, means i have worked hard
  • jillm85
    Options
    Congrats on losing a stone!!

Sometimes I just need a change. I got a book on 'bodyweight' exercises. I started doing those last week. (Push-ups, squats, lunges, etc...)

So, maybe find something different to do? Switch things up.
    yeah im going to get back into my aerobics, i have lost 3 stone, just 1 since joining this site
  • lisamarie2181
    lisamarie2181 Posts: 560 Member
    Options

This!! That flab that bothers you most likely will not go away with cardio, you need to strength train, and that helps rid BODY FAT, seems like that is what your problem is, and I find the strength training quicker and better then spending an hour on the treadmill, try incorporating ST days and it might help keep you motivated and seeing the kind of results you are looking for.

Bottom line though, if you want it bad enough, you need to push yourself to do it, as much as you may not want to. The more you push through, the easier it will get and become routine.

Sometimes you need to yell at yourself in your head, don't allow that "little voice" telling you not today to take over. Keep saying, just get up and do it, and eventually it should get a bit easier lol The little voice is evil and wants to stay in your comfort zone lol