A Question for Women (Only)

Options
Tiff050709
Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
Men readers, you've been warned, lol.

I was just wondering if you skip weighing yourself when you are on your cycle. I have always been told that you retain more water/bloated around that time.

Replies

• holeshottdr
    holeshottdr Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    My cycle has a water bottle mounted on it so I guess you could say I retain more water when I'm on it....
  • Kendra0024
    Kendra0024 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I notice that I do retain water, and generally gain a few pounds before and during, but my weight goes back down 2-3 days afterward.
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    My cycle has a water bottle mounted on it so I guess you could say I retain more water when I'm on it....

Bahaha.
  • belladonna786
    belladonna786 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    yup! i am 2lbs heavier during that time
  • felice03
    felice03 Posts: 2,732 Member
    Options
    Cycle? I don't think I understand....
  • lem_orc29
    lem_orc29 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    A lot of people skip weighing during their period. I don't see any problem with that. I personally make myself go ahead and weigh, but just keep in mind that if the numbers are disappointing, that's the reason why. My personal opinion is that it's something that is a part of my life, whether I like it or not, so I need to figure out a way to incorporate it into my weight loss journey too. I think whatever you decide to do is fine, as long as it works for you and you're consistent!
  • b1t3m3
    b1t3m3 Posts: 47
    Options
    Yup, by about 2 pounds, and I look fatter too. I still weigh myself, but I take the extra weight into consideration, and others have said, it goes away a few days later.
  • spetermann190
    spetermann190 Posts: 289 Member
    Options

LMAO! Tooo funny ... Just burned 20 calories rolling around on the floor :)

re: Women (only) "Whatever you do ... DON'T Open This (insert whatever it is you WANT us to snoop in)" or another favorite "This tastes awful ... here... try some"
  • Karenvonw
    Karenvonw Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Same here. I generally weigh around 2 more pounds during TOM. I always weigh on Monday mornings so if it happens to fall on that day I will still weigh and just not get worked up about it if I'm up. Uncontrollable factor. :/
  • Corsetopia
    Corsetopia Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I try not to weigh myself that week, but I always cheat. I find instead of a 2 lb loss it's only one or none at all.
  • entropy229
    Options
    During that week, and a little before, I definitely skip weighing myself because I feel that seeing the scale change in any direction but down makes me unmotivated to continue doing what I'm doing even though I still might be losing weight. It really sucks, but normally when I come out of being bloated and continue weighing myself, the results make me feel much better!
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    Hasn't anyone hard of manstration?
  • Maredip
    Maredip Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    No, I don't skip, but after measuring regularly once a week on the same day every week, I do know that I tend to retain about 4 lbs of weight that week, but then it goes away the next week. Ive been monitoring it for about 5 years now, so I fell pretty comfy with my method 8 ) Good luck!
  • runnerjenn0708
    runnerjenn0708 Posts: 400 Member
    Options

I LOVE your mind!
  • Sharyn913
    Sharyn913 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    [/quote

This made me chuckle! =]
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options

LMAO! Tooo funny ... Just burned 20 calories rolling around on the floor :)

re: Women (only) "Whatever you do ... DON'T Open This (insert whatever it is you WANT us to snoop in)" or another favorite "This tastes awful ... here... try some"

Hey, I warned you! You open it, it's on you!
  • smittenkitten4
    Options
    I don't log my weight during Shark Week, but I do check the scale just to see how I'm doing.
  • LifeChangingExp8512
    Options
    lolol... men still poke their heads in here... but DONT weigh in that "tom". you will see gains which will make you want to cry. :smile:
  • xo_Sarah_xo
    xo_Sarah_xo Posts: 308 Member
    Options

You are freakin' hilarious!!! :smile:
  • LifeChangingExp8512
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: