Bipolar NSV

Options

Replies

• MsNewBooty83
    MsNewBooty83 Posts: 1,003 Member
    Options
    that is a big deal. glad u feel better for it. maybe it will give you some peace of mind to know u have control over your body no matter what ur mood says. good on ya :D
  • Crisitunity
    Crisitunity Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say that I read your post and congratulations! That's a very positive thing to do!
  • RedHotHunter
    RedHotHunter Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. I know that is a huge acommplishment when dealing with depression. Hats off to you and sending a big hug from afar. :flowerforyou:
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    You did yourself a HUGE favor by both working out and writing this out. I am sure the rest of your day is going to be energetic and happy :)
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    That is a huge NSV! Great work, Bud! Keep it up and keep focusing on your positive side! Yay!! :happy: :drinker:
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    its only you who makes your decision whether its a good day or a bad day- SO everytime picture the wee devils sitting on your shoulder, white good one always wins and knocks off evil red one who says sit and do nothing (plus it may make you smile) give them names lol

Now that i sound crazy WELL DONE!! Always tell yourself you'll feel better if you do it/do something and keep coming on here if you can x
  • 5pmsomewherenow
    5pmsomewherenow Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    First of all, you write very eloquently, and I'm glad you took the time to share these feelings. I especially liked the way you described not wanting to let your own "positive half" down. The way you explained to yourself and to us really resonated with me. I am proud of your NSV - it's one of the best victories I've heard about on this site - hopefully you are just as proud of it and can use that good feeling the very next day you face a struggle with the motivation adventure that we ALL face. You are a hero, and a great example to remember when we each need an extra non-scale-push-in-the-right-direction. Thank you.:flowerforyou:
  • clutterqueen
    clutterqueen Posts: 1,652 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Not only did you show your bipolar who is in control, but by sharing this, you have inspired the rest of us when we may not "feel like" exercising!
  • Chipmaniac
    Chipmaniac Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Thanks for being brave enough to talk about your illness openly. I wish I were so brave. I'm not bipolar, but I suffer from a related condition. Let's just leave it that. Unfortunately, we live in a society that treats people with mental illness in an undignified way. I certainly don't feel strong enough to give people more ammo to belittle me.

I completely understand how hard it is to get motivation at times. Kudos to you for recognizing your accomplishment and using it as a building block for more success. That's the key and often the hardest thing to do.
  • MichaelaaJ
    MichaelaaJ Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to send a pat on the back and a huge hug! Thank you for sharing. Wishing you continued success and more NSV's just like this one! These are the moments when we make change. Way to power through. Your bravery and determination is awesome!
  • Firno
    Firno Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    That is awesome. I also have Bipolar and know exactly what you are going through. I did exactly what you did and now that is how I push through my down days. Keep it up and you will find it gets easier, at least it has for me.
  • cmuggridge
    cmuggridge Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Wow. I really didn't expect so many comments but I thank everyone who took the time to send me their support. As I said before, being depressed can make me treat myself poorly and minimize my accomplishments. When so many people reenforce those accomplishments it makes it easier for my brain to accept.

I am sure I will have my share of bad days but I try to take things one day at a time and I am trying to learn to recognize each victory, big or small. Thanks again for your support, it is much appreciated.
  • suenix24
    suenix24 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. Even on a good day, it can be tough. Keep going and hopefully those days will get easier to work through. I am very happy for you!!
  • ThatMrs99
    Options
    OMG! Great job! I know all too well how difficult it can be to get going when suffering from Bipolar disorder. I was diagnosed about 7 years ago and it has been tough. But I'm So SO proud of you for looking at it that way, really! You are awesome and I'm rooting for you all the way! You can do this!
  • WhatDoesLisa
    Options
    Thanks for being brave enough to talk about your illness openly. I wish I were so brave. I'm not bipolar, but I suffer from a related condition. Let's just leave it that. Unfortunately, we live in a society that treats people with mental illness in an undignified way. I certainly don't feel strong enough to give people more ammo to belittle me.

I completely understand how hard it is to get motivation at times. Kudos to you for recognizing your accomplishment and using it as a building block for more success. That's the key and often the hardest thing to do.

Wow, really well put. And congrats to the original poster as well. Both of you, pat yourselves on the back.
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I agree. This is HUGE accomplishment. Great job!!! And keep it you. You can do this. I know how difficult it is. But, it is so worth it. :happy: Again... GREAT JOB!!!!
  • farmwife3815
    farmwife3815 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. Claim it! It was a victory. All the small ones add up. Keep aiming for a bit more each day! Good luck!
  • slackerwoman
    slackerwoman Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    That is a fantastic NSV! And I have moments of depression myself so I definitely know how hard it is to overcome it when you are in that "screw it all" moment. It takes a whole lot of inner will that a lot of people can not understand.
  • PattyfromToledo
    PattyfromToledo Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Just doing is huge! Be proud of that. They say it takes 30 days for something to become habit. Keep doing what you're doing and before you know it it's a habit. :happy:
  • TriClaudia
    TriClaudia Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Great accomplishment! Glad you shared. I can relate and understand what a big deal it is! Keep trusting!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!