I need treadmill recommendations.....

Options
Not too expensive please! This will need a long tread on it since my 6' tall son will be running on it as well - he runs a 6:50 mile so he'll be moving out. My qualification is that it has to have a reasonably quiet motor.

Okay, tell me what you you recommend. :smile:

Replies

• schmenge55
    schmenge55 Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    I am not sure they come longer but I am 6 foot and can do that pace with no trouble on a standard deck. I have a Pacemaster Gold that folds up and like it and find it quiet enough. At least more than my last one. :). Head out to the store and try them all out. They will sound different than in your home but you can still compare to one and other
  • cmcorn26
    cmcorn26 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    well, when i bought a treadmill i really researched them and decided to spend a little more money because my stepson (who moves out on it also), my husband at the time, myself and my two little ones were all going to be on it. i found a vision fitness treadmill to be the best for the money. it has a bigger motor, is built solid, had a great warranty. i used to always use it on an incline, vacuumed the bottom (underneath ) regularly to keep motor cleaner and never had a problem with it in 10 years. i paid 1200 for it new ( it was the introductory commercial model...no presets but had everything i needed. i was still able to sell it for 350.....
    i have friends who are running people, they buy theirs at costco and are continuously waiting for new motors or replacement treadmills.
    i think it is worth it to spend a little more for a treadmill. like one person said...you can buy a treadmill for a little more money and use it daily or you can buy a cheap model and wait for parts and hardly use it.
    good luck! and have fun on it!
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    The only thing I can recommend regarding buying a treadmill for home use is to buy one that goes to quite a rapid pace, ie around 20kph or above max. That way, if you run on it at say, 10kph, it will only be working at 50% capacity. However, if you purchase a machine which has a maximum speed of 10kph, then you will be running it at 100% capacity and that will wear it out very quickly.