Eclectic, Zombie Loving Girl Looking for Like Minded Friends

Options
I am a mother of 3 and honestly (no, really!!) love my husband. I am not one for social stigmas. I am who I am, for no other reason than that is how I was made. Love it or not. I have a f-ton of weight to lose. I tried once before and made it a couple of months and lost 22 pounds. I felt great and stopped doing the things I should. I simply got lazy. I just need like minded ppl to keep me on my toes and keep me interested and not complacent.

Replies

• dalana84
    dalana84 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I am in the ame boat, my initial goal is to lose 55-60lbs and see how I feel. I'm 10lbs down so far. I'm trying to make a lifestyle change this time rather than trying to "diet". Ive tried quite a few times before and stick with it for a little while then stop for one reason or another.

On top of that, I'm a total zombie lover :smile: can you recommend any good zombie books for kindle? I feel like ive read them all and keep getting duds!
  • m00tmike
    m00tmike Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you too! I lost about 35lbs about a year and a half ago and then got lazy and a lot of it has slowly crept back into my life. I'm really trying to stay focused on the moment and not let the future or the past get me down.

Also, Zombies! I'm not sure why but I have been on a real zombie kick lately! They are by far the best monster out there.
  • Win0727
    Win0727 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Really??? There are only 3 of us???
  • danwood2
    danwood2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I will be motivating you as much as possible. And I don't know about you - but the Walking Dead is coming back this Sunday and I couldn't be more excited for any other show.

I am only a father to one but I did almost hit my original goal last weekend but think that I'm going to be taking off another 10 to get me down to 185.

Cheers!
  • MrsPixelbark
    MrsPixelbark Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Have you tried Zombie Run for the iphone? If you're into running- it's fantastic! I ran with it a few weeks ago properly, but haven't had a chance since, I'm looking forward to going away in a few weeks time where I fully intend to whip it out again for the week. I'm also prone to watching the odd zombie movie- one of my favourites being Shaun of the dead!

As for weight loss, I've got around 30-40ish pounds left to go myself (but it's taken me around two years to get to this point, so I fully understand anyone trying to lose a large amount). I'm no angel with my diary, I love my sausage sandwiches + cake- and make no apology for having the odd off day- but whatever happens, I do make sure to log it each day. However, I am determined to get my weight down and slowly it is coming off. I'm a big runner, love swimming and keep telling myself that I will try and hit the gym more often (currently hit it around once a week). :)

I'm happy to offer any motivation if you need it, and also happy to share any recipes I have.
  • januadiaboli
    januadiaboli Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    LOL ... a few more of us now, but my guess is that we're too busy to read and post!

Busy mom to two boys (4 and 5-1/2) here with another 60 - 70 pounds to lose. I love anything zombie-related, and even use zombies as a teaching theme in some of my technical writing classes. I log most days, am definitely no angel re. what I eat (LOL), but have definitely made fitness and healthier eating a priority. Feel free to add me, too!
  • MrsHossYo
    MrsHossYo Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I def. need motivation!! I have a LOT of excess fat and it's literally disgusting me! I've tried so many times and get lazy and just stop and gain all the weight I've lost back. Anywho, I like zombies as well as a bunch of other stuff that "normal" people don't find funny :) I'm pretty weird! I will add you and maybe we can talk sometime!
  • 2ndstar2therite
    2ndstar2therite Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am definitely an eclectic zombie-fan (you'll see from my profile page) and could totally use some more pals... need all the support and motivation I can get to lose this last 10 lbs...feel free to add me y'all!