Introducing myself.....

Options
Shua89
Shua89 Posts: 144 Member
Hi all, I'm Shua. I was here a while back and then lost my motivation. I put all the weight back on and it brought along a few friends. :sad: So here I am starting all over again with a bit more determination to not lose the motivation.

Over the weekend I had someone say something extremely mean about my weight and how I looked. I don't think they meant it how it came out but it was one of those "the truth hurts" moments. So I'm back and determined to not be in a position to be hurt like that again.

Shua

Replies

• CatCopeland305
    CatCopeland305 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Catherine. I'm a military wife and mother of two. I'm from Miami, Florida. I'm a Grad student on a mission to lose weight and become healthier. Looking to meet new people to help me on my mission. Feel free to add me.
  • Leigh_b
    Leigh_b Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    welcome back :flowerforyou:
  • Suzyqall72
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I've been back here for about a month, and everyone has been very nice. As far as someone saying something mean, I feel sorry for them. Obviously they have bigger problems. Good luck in your journey!
  • StevenHall36
    Options
    Keep up the good work. You can add me as friend.
  • hooperkay
    hooperkay Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Hi there.

I know what you mean. A friend of mine posted a pic of me on facebook. It was a team photo that I was not aware they had taken. After I saw that pic I was devastated. I mentioned to her that I hated that photo and she commented, but you look good. Oh my, that was good? I was huge. After the so called photo incident, I started dieting midday. Never have looked back. You just have to make up your mind that you will lose it and don't quit. I have total control of my diet and never eat anything that I shouldn't . I look at food differently now. You can friend me if you want. Good luck!!!

Beth
  • reenielovesthebeach
    Options
    Hi Shua!
    I'm sorry that somebody said something about your weight. You should lose weight to make yourself feel better & to get healthier. I worked out a couple of weeks ago, had my dri fit work out clothes on and went to a store to get some healthy foods and I looked up and I was being made fun of by two skinny looking women. I know how it feels. I am very big boned and I've always felt insecure about my body. In school, I was actually slender but taller than the rest of the girls, larger feet and I just felt like I was fat then. I'd love to be that weight again. I wasn't fat- I was just a larger frame than the others. Anyway, I grew up with a step father that ridiculed me about my weight and other fmaily members. It's not a good feeling. It sticks with you and when someone calls you fat or makes reference to you being fat, it is permanently etched into your brain. People say just don't worry about it, but they're not in our position. Anyway, hang in there. Just reduce your calories and add some physical activity in your life and you'll do just fine. I am 31 pounds down and have another 35 or so to go.