Not the fat girl in pictures anymore...

BAMFMeredith
BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
I used to hate taking group photos with my girlfriends because I felt like I was so much bigger than all of them in every picture. Standing in a row of a group of my slim friends, I felt like all you could see was me and my fatness. I couldn't share clothes with my friends, because they were all in 4s and 6s and I was a 12 or a 14...I just felt so big and would always volunteer to take the photo of everyone to avoid being seen. Or I'd make sure I wasn't on the end so I could hide my big arms. Y'all know the tricks, I did all of them for photo ops.

Yesterday I ran a 10k with 3 of my girlfriends that I've known for probably 7 or 8 years now. I'm the only one who's had a child, and the 3 of them have all always been skinny minnies, one is a marathon runner, one is a cheerleading coach/ex-college cheerleader, and one is just naturally very slim and athletic...no pressure, right? Well here we are, the 4 of us, I'm on the far left end....and I finally feel like I don't stick out like a sore thumb---I'm not "the fat friend" anymore! I'm just, one of the girls now, and it feels amazing :smile:

IBMUptown.jpg?t=1349720141

Replies

• cmcorn26
    cmcorn26 Posts: 253 Member
    YAY for you!
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    That's awesome! And congrats on the 10k!
  • AmberJo1984
    AmberJo1984 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Great job. You have done an EXCELLENT job!!!

I think not wanting to be the "fat friend" in the picture is the reason I took up photography. That way I can have an excuse to not be in the pictures. I'm too busy taking them. :laugh:
  • TheNEWMonicaB
    TheNEWMonicaB Posts: 129 Member
    That is so awesome for you! I feel exactly the same way. I hated pics in general, but group shots were even worse because there was someone there to compare myself to. That is a great picture too... It's amazing how everyone looks great when they are wearing the glow of physical activity. :happy:
  • MsChrissyAnn
    MsChrissyAnn Posts: 102 Member
    YAY!! That is awesome! I have to say that not being the fat friend is one of my goals. Your story gives me hope!:flowerforyou:
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    congrats!!
  • Mandino788
    Mandino788 Posts: 226 Member
    That's awesome, congrats!
  • mommyshortlegs
    mommyshortlegs Posts: 402 Member
    You feel amazing? You LOOK amazing. :)

(I know how it feels to be the "big" one of the group, too.)
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Fabulous!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Had to look at your pics to figure out which one was you, definitely fit right in the bunch :-p
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Congrats! All 4 of you ladies are beautiful!
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    You look great! I love your shirt by the way!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Yay!!! :drinker:

You are awesome Meradith!

I hide in pics too. I use the toddler as a shield all the time. :laugh:
  • Karenvonw
    Karenvonw Posts: 258 Member
    Congratulations to you! You look fantastic! I totally get the "fat girl in the pictures thing" too. My sister in law is just naturally thin. She has had three kids (I've had 2) and she could have put on her bikini the day she walked out of the hospital after each one. Every year we vacation together in the summer and I am always the one taking the pictures of her and our husbands with the kids. Someday I will pose next to her in our swim suits and not be ashamed. You gave me hope, motivation, and inspiration! Keep up the great work!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Thanks y'all!! What was even more awesome for me, was that out of the 4 of us, my time wasn't the slowest! At one point I slowed down a little to keep pace with one of my friends (the other 2 of them were super fast and wayyy ahead of us) and she even said "Don't slow down!! I'll meet you at the finish, don't worry about my slow *kitten*!" I was just happy to not be the slow one for once :smile:
  • That is SO COOL. I hadn't really even thought about the random picture thing as a NSV, but now it's a goal of mine! Awesome job on the 10K too by the way! Go you!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!