Good zombie books for kindle?

Options

Replies

• Jimmaa
    Options
    If you really want a good read take shot at the Indie Authors like John O Brian A new World Series or Shawn Chesser these I really got into their series and became freinds with them on Facebook pretty cool dudes!
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    handling the undead. LOVE THAT BOOK!!!!
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor and The Walking Dead: Road to Woodbury

Also checkout the 2 Anthologies, the Living Dead books 1 and 2
  • mikes99mail
    mikes99mail Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Pride, Prejudice and Zombies.

+1. Great book.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Another World War Z vote here.

I hated Pride, Predudice, and Zombies.
  • TheSleepingDragon
    Options
    If you're still looking for a good zombie read on kindle you could
    try 'Zombie Mage' by Jonathan J. Drake. It's not your usual zombie
    novel but it's dark, fun and difficult to put down. 'Rot and Ruin'
    by Jonathan Maberry is also pretty good although on a different
    spectrum.
  • hofdog
    hofdog Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I Zombie is just 3.99 now on Kindle. These are all great suggestions.
  • breeZrizi
    breeZrizi Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    "bump"ing this for later

i have a kindle too. not a big reader but I need to put it to use lol
  • xiofett
    xiofett Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Jesse Petersen's Marries with Zombies series. They're awesome and funny. She's got 3 right now, 4th will be out in January.

Dead Reckoning by Mercedes Lackey and... um... someone else. Zombies in the Old West. Hell yeah.

I just started LZR-1143: Infection recently. Seems to be pretty funny so far. After that will come the Mark Tufo books.

I would recommend avoiding "Sherlock Holmes and the Matter of the Zombis", it wasn't a very good mashup. I also didn't care for Joshua Guess' Living with the Dead series. Couldn't get through the first book, the whole "these are archives of a blog from a survivor during the apocalypse" schtick got old fast.

One I do want to check out is "Paul is Undead". http://www.amazon.com/Paul-Undead-Alan-Goldsher/dp/B0058M7T5O
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    the chuck hogan & guillermo del toro "the strain" series. it's more vampire then zombie, but those vampires don't sparkle!!! and it has many zombie apocolypse trends.

The Strain, The Fall, The Night Eternal
  • Charmed285
    Charmed285 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    hollowland and hollowmen by amanda hocking

GET IT GET IT GET IT
  • AverageUkDude
    AverageUkDude Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Uhm lots of good books out there:

The Return Man
    World War Z
    Domain of the dead
    The Autumn Series by David Moody
    OutPost
    The Rot & Ruin Series (Young adult but still worth a read)
    I am legend
  • JessicaBR0
    JessicaBR0 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    The Walking Dead Rise of the Governor. My favorite book, ever!
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 4,024 Member
    Options
    Apocalypse Z: The Beginning of the End by Manel Loureiro and Pamela Carmell

Translated from Spanish language, two more books in the series also to be translated. It is so very believable. :frown: I couldn't put it down.

It's $3.99, but if you are an Amazon Prime Member you can borrow it for FREE!

Next for me is The Remaining by D J Molles, $2.99, it's another series. Borrow it for free also with Prime!

Book 1: The Remaining
    Book 2: The Remaining: Aftermath
    Book 3: The Remaining: Refugees.
  • tikafly
    tikafly Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    The Newsflesh Trilogy - Mira Grant
    Aftertime Trilogy - Sophie Littlefield
  • jlwbeans0823
    jlwbeans0823 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I haven't read this myself, but I came across The Adventures of Tom Sawyer and the Undead at Half Price Books the other day. I didn't buy it, had to concentrate on gifts for other people.
  • FarmerTed
    FarmerTed Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    "Day By Day Armageddon" by J.L. Bourne
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    My husband and I are currently listening to the Zombie Fallout series by Mark Tufo. We LOVE them! It's hilarious and zombie filled. Enjoy!

audiobooks?
  • Charlie003
    Charlie003 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I'm actually reading World War Z right now. It has been amazing so far, I can't put it down.

Also, if you are a fan of the Walking Dead, you should check out the comic books. They are also really good, but I'm not sure if you can find them for Kindle. But, you can look them up on youtube. I just hit play, pause till i'm done with a page, and hit play again!

yOU CANNOT READ WALKING DEAD ON kINDLE. iT IS TWO SMALL. I would download it from a torrent and read on computer or full sized tablet. currently on ep 106
  • Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Im a total zombie loving nerd and love a good zombie read! I like the old fashioned shambling zombies but have read one or two books that have thrown in some runners and done it well. I liked a book called the remaining which had the military hero idea to it but haven't found many others that have a military vs. Zombies story. I like the good old fashioned everyday Joe surviving the zombies. I am looking for books that suck you in and keep a page turning pace.

I'm open to all suggestions, I feel like ive read all the good ones and keep getting duds!

I need to keep up to date on zombie apocalypse defenses, afterall I'm losing weight partly so I can be fit enough to avoid these suckers!

Have you read Pride and Prejudice and Zombies? I really loved that. I think im going to read Warm Bodies next.