What's everyone's favorite lunch right now?

Options
I work in an office so I have some limitations to what I can bring for lunch. I try to do something in batches so that I just have to portion everything out and I'm good to go for a week. It can get boring but it's easy, economical and keeps me on this plan. This past week I've been enjoying Boca Chik'n sandwiches on Arnold's sandwich thins with mustard and Pringles light chips on the side. Looking for some more ideas because I need to plan for next week. So...What is your current favorite lunch?:love:

Replies

• jmdolan
    jmdolan Posts: 128
    Options
    Right now I like a Josephs flax and oatbran wrap with laughing cow cheese , lettuce and tomato inside and an apple on the side.
  • CrystalT
    CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    How limited are you? Do you have a fridge and/or microwave?
  • thecheese
    thecheese Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I have two favorites right now...

Salad greens topped with a cut up boca spicy chik'n patty, tomato, 2 tbsp black beans, 1/2 chopped avocado(some days) and salsa as my dressing. I change it up w corn, mushrooms, sunflower seeds, croutons sometimes I use a fruit salsa to make it sweet...its so tasty it doesn't need dressing :)

My second is a fish pita using leftover seared fish from dinner. I put it in a half pita with assorted veggie toppings...the key to success is 2 tbsp. of fat free greek plain yogurt that I mix in some spices (jerk,cajun, montreal steak, etc
  • sdirks
    sdirks Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I've started making gallon batches of my grandmother's borscht in my crockpot on weekends. It tastes better the longer it sits and I up the protein by adding low sodium pinto beans. I've had it for lunch 3 days this week with a few pieces of whole wheat hallah bread. My coworkers always stop to comment on either the beautiful red color or wonderful smell. MSG me if you'd like the recipe!
  • missyjane
    missyjane Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    tuna and crackers is my staple of late.
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    -La Tortilla Multigrain tortilla filled with veggies - lettuce, onion, green peppers, tomatoes, cucumbers, etc....with light cream cheese, pesto, mustard or whatever your favorite condiment is.

-big salad full of veggies

-leftovers from the night before

Do you have a crockpot? If so, what about making a big batch of chili or soup on the weekend and then you've got lunch for the whole week!
  • melanieann48111
    Options
    I've got a microwave and a fridge here. Yes, on the crockpot too....
  • mariaprice1
    Options
    I like salads with spinich and romain lettuce topped with smoked roasted tomatos, apples (or raisins/craisins), grilled chicken, tomatos, and asparagus or bell peppers. The dressing I use is the Kraft light asian sesame. its really good!!
  • lisa811
    lisa811 Posts: 363
    Options
    PB&J: One slice of 100% whole wheat bread to make half a sandwich--1 Tbsp of Smuckers Natural peanut butter (I like the chunky one) and 1 tsp of sugar-free strawberry preserves. Plus a side salad.

A big issue with salads can be the dressing. Of course, my favorites are all of the fattening creamy ones. I've switched to oil (just a little) and vinegar. I put a few pineapple chunks in to sweeten it up, and just a little bit of bleu or feta cheese. I don't miss the dressing at all!
  • Sherryishealthyandstrong
    Options
    Ezekiel sprouted grain wrap filled with 2 tablespoons of artichoke spinach spread (Whole Foods) , shredded carrot, red onion, green peppers, spinach leaves and 1/4 avocado. Delish!!!
  • pz5wjj
    pz5wjj Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Oh some of these sound so good! I usually end up eating a salad with 2 tbs of salsa as the "dressing" with some left over chicken or turkey from the night before in it. I'm getting pretty tired of it though. I also have been eating the Eat-Clean Minestrone soup. It's so good!
  • melanieann48111
    Options
    Oh my goodness...Whole Foods spinach artichoke dip is HEAVEN! I'm going to grab some of that this weekend for next weeks lunches!
  • jrbowers83
    jrbowers83 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I like a baked potato or rice topped with Green Giant vegetable steamers. You can cook it all separately in the microwave then throw it all together. Other than that it's either leftovers from the night before or Lean Cuisine meals. I try to find the lowest sodium LC meals, you have to be careful bc some are no better than traditional frozen dinners.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Amy's Organic meals although they're expensive. Also sometimes do Quorn chik'n patty w/single serving veg + fruit. Just the patty, no bread. Also eat a lot of Kashi microwave meals.
  • sallymurph
    sallymurph Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am loving Fattoush salad with grilled chicken. Its really tasty and because the dressing is mainly lemon juice, its really low in cals.
  • sineadmm
    sineadmm Posts: 190
    Options
    Beans on brown bread, its the only thing that fills me up for 4 hours :)