Weekends

Options
I've been going at this 'hardcore' for about 2 weeks now. At work, I'm able to easily maintain my calorie intake and reject the bad food when its offered. This weekend, however.... was horrible. It's 'that time of the month', had a lot of personal stress, and generally didn't really care (at least that's what I told myself.) I really just didn't eat well at all.
I found that when I was faced with making the decision of eating kale chips or eating corn chips.... it wasn't the correct decision. We're back to Monday now, and I'm steadfast in my decision making.

Do these lapses happen often? Does anyone else have weekend issues, where it's harder to control what you eat? Any tips (besides not buying corn chips, which I will no longer do)?

Thanks!!

Replies

• saunders0000
    saunders0000 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    hey i did exactly the same this weekend to many wrong food choices but i say
    well its happened there nothing i can do about it so i will just work harder at the gym this week and wont make the same mistake this weekend. Draw a line under it and get back on track a little blip is nothing in the grand scale of things.
  • Deisel1974
    Deisel1974 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I was the same way. But I think the secret here is, that it was just a temporary lapse. If you don't completely GIVE UP, you will make it. We might have lost the battle over the weekend, but we shall win the WAR!
  • JohnMessmer
    Options
    You will probably get a lot of "don't be hard on yourself" and "it's ok, it's a lifestyle change so you are going to have off days" oh yeah lets not forget "Tomorrow is a new day". While I appreciate the keep the chin up attitude, I also think it is as helpful as a blind man looking at a street map. This is a lifelong change you need to make, if you are not willing to do so then you will not succeed, but hey that's ok because millions of people fail every day and blame one thing or another.

If you want to succeed then do so, simply stop making choices you know are bad, it really is not that difficult. If you knew what you were about to eat would kill you in 5 minutes, you wouldn't eat it would you? So the fact that it may kill you, but later, makes it ok to eat? I am not buying that reasoning. Once you have decided to make better choices and live a healthier life then you will do so.

Do Nothing and regret it tomorrow, Do Something and enjoy it tomorrow; your future is in your hands!
  • greentart
    greentart Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    While I appreciate both attitudes, you're very correct on this. It's MY decision, not the food. It's my fault if I fail, not the circumstances surrounding me.
    While I don't necessarily feel like I'm in control sometimes with my food, it's time I took control back from those tiny synapses.

Thank you. :)