How to hide that nasty protein taste?

Options
2»

Replies

• APBTChampion
    APBTChampion Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Try the Bolthouse Strawberry Banana smoothies and mix that way. What I'd suggest is pouring the SlimFast shake into a big glass and pouring in the smoothie until you can't taste it... usually it's 1:1 for me when I mix, but you might have more sensitive tastebuds. (Then again, I hate coffee, and even the slightest bit of the taste makes me gag.)

Good luck!
  • Cricket09
    Cricket09 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    MRM All Natural Egg White Protein Powder. I use 1/2 scoop per smoothie and pineapple juice in place of all other juices in smoothie recipes and I can't taste the protein powder at all and the halved amount keeps my smoothies from being too thick or grainy.
  • SyStEmPhReAk
    SyStEmPhReAk Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    as said before, try a different protein. there are a number out there that taste very good. if not, try and find some PB2 - its powdered peanut butter. i add it to my shakes with a frozen banana and i really like the taste.
  • AmyP619
    AmyP619 Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I drink the Total Lean 25 protein shakes, and they're delicious! Honestly!!!!!!!! You buy it by the tub and add it to milk or water. The Rich Chocolate is my fav, and I add it to almond milk. They're very tasty and have 25 grams of protein!!!!!!!! Found at GNC.. I highly recommend. I think the key to enjoying protein powder is to find one that you like and stick with it... it can be difficult!
  • freddiegreer
    Options
    Actually, I like the Herbal life shakes, now. But, In order to get them down in the beginning, I had to add fruit. I chose the flavor I love-cookies and cream. That really helped me. Now, I can drink it without any hesitation or adding. Maybe change the flavors and add different fruits to it.
    Good Luck!