Booty Toning!

Options
Looking for info on what exercises I can do to make my butt a bit more perky and full, i guess. It's not super flat, but I feel like my body isn't proportioned correctly. I just had a baby, and my boobs are humongous! I'd like to try to add some muscle to my butt to even my body out a bit more so I don't end up looking like Pamela Anderson lol..

Replies

• lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Looking for info on what exercises I can do to make my butt a bit more perky and full, i guess. It's not super flat, but I feel like my body isn't proportioned correctly. I just had a baby, and my boobs are humongous! I'd like to try to add some muscle to my butt to even my body out a bit more so I don't end up looking like Pamela Anderson lol..

Squats and lunges!!!! They do a body good!
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    i say squats and deadlifts. DL's in particular "lifted" and "rounded" my booty by making the upper muscles on my bum get some girth. My booty has never been so bootylicious...and i totally credit squats and deadlifts.
  • kirianna55
    kirianna55 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    The butt bible really helps me. You can get watch it for free on youtube. Yes she is very annoying but I do the exercises on mute.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    squats. go deep. do all the way down until you can't go down any more.
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Squats, dead lifts, lunges!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

Yeppers!
  • maro_p
    maro_p Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    From what I have heard, squats, deadlifts and lunges. Few reps, few sets but go heavy (with supervision and ALWAYS progressively, making sure your posture is right). Unfortunately free weights can be harmful if the exercises are not done correctly.

From my experience I can feel the deadlifts more on my hamstring, bum area than squats so I am guessing they are working that area better.
  • danicanillo
    danicanillo Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thanks, everyone!
  • LovelyLifter
    LovelyLifter Posts: 560 Member
    Options

Yeppers!

yep yep

Squats do a booty good !
  • cheerforsteelers
    cheerforsteelers Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Squats, lunges, stairs, brazilian butt lift, butt bible...get to it missy! :wink:
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    This thread needs more pics.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    This thread needs more pics.

we tried that in another thread. got shut down.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    squats and deadlifts made my *kitten* GIGANTIC. It's round, dimple free, and strong!
  • thathockeychick23
    Options
    Squats, lunges, dead lifts. Those are amazing for the booty.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Squats are actually the answer to all of life's problems.
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    On top of lunges, squats and deadlifts I love donkey kicks too.... they really get deep into that butt muscle !!
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    I had the flattest, widest *kitten* for 35 years.. even at my skinniest...

then i learned about squats 90 days ago..and..

OH MY GOD, BECKY, LOOK AT HER BUTT.. ITS SO ROUND.. ITS OUT THERE!

true story.

:heart:
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    The butt bible really helps me. You can get watch it for free on youtube. Yes she is very annoying but I do the exercises on mute.

this!:happy:
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options

Yeppers!

Yes. And with as heavy a weight you can while keeping good form 6-8 reps (thats what I do anyway and Im rather fond of my butt)
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    I just read an interesting article about this question. I am not sure if it is bs or not but interesting:
    (http://www.t-nation.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance/dispelling_the_glute_myth).

According to this article, exercises that simulate running/sprinting such as lunges use more of the glute muscle than exercises that simulate jumping such as squats.

"In order, the hip extension exercises with the highest glute activation are the kneeling squat (67%), deadlift (55%), sumo deadlift (52%) and Zercher squat (45%)."

"In order, the hip hyperextension exercises with the highest glute activation are the single leg bent leg reverse hyper (122%), hip thrust (119%), pendulum quadruped hip extension (112%), bent leg reverse hyper (111%)"

Personally, deadlifts, squats, back extensions (squeeze the bootie!), glute bridges and lunges work for me. Just food for thought :wink: