Ladies--Over or Under??

Options
When taking chest measurements, do you wrap the tape under the breasts or over them? I have two very different numbers here, and I'm not sure which to record.

Replies

• mbmomof4
    mbmomof4 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    i was taught that you measure over the breast...like where your bra strap is in the back
  • ready4change
    ready4change Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I work at a Bridal Shoppe and when taking ladies measurements for dresses, we always take them over the largest part of the chest and just tight enough that it's snug.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Do both.
    One going across your chest at the fullest point and then underneath aginst the breastbone.
  • tasha30
    tasha30 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    At Victoria Secrets, they do over!
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    It would take a jump rope to measure these babies...I don't measure my boobies! :laugh:
  • mrsbeck
    mrsbeck Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I've had measurements taken for bras before, so I know they do both--one for band size and one for cup size. I just wasn't sure if that was the way to go for weight loss measurements.

I think I'll take the Tennyson Maid's suggestion and record both. Thanks Ladies!
  • wishiwas
    Options
    I am not sure about the measurements but i really love your smoke free "ticker" may i ask you where to get it? also great job!!!
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    over
  • Username1119
    Options
    Over
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Do both.
    One going across your chest at the fullest point and then underneath aginst the breastbone.
    I 2nd this.