cracking ankles/knees&hips during exercise...

Options
Every movement i do... crack crack crack crickkkk.. anyone else?

Replies

• charl_hcafc
    Options
    Me too! And even when I don't exercise.. :(
  • Summerlove1993
    Summerlove1993 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. It is quite nerve racking.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    My knees for sure!
  • cookn_mama
    cookn_mama Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    My ankles, knees, back and my right foot! Embarrassing!!!!
  • lkherna
    lkherna Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yes! It got worse after each kid too! As I lose weight though and exercise regularly I notice it lessening.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Yup. Life goes on.
  • mwestonp
    mwestonp Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Left ankle. Every. Single. Step. Hate it.
  • bethfartman
    bethfartman Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    My ankles always crack. I don't know why, but it's been that way since I was little. I can never be sneaky =(
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    my ankles do in general and my knees sound like a bowl of rice crispies after too much movement!

But, I've been diagnosed with flat feet, so instead of my weight going to my feet it's being sent to my ankles- hence all my noise making! I've only found this out after a trainer at the gym suggest I have it looked in to.

If it's painful you might want to go see the doctors!
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    My mother took me to a dr with this problem when I was just a kid and he said that it was air in my joints. I still crack and pop a lot but have learnt to ignore it. I can even make my fingers crack just by flexing my hands!

But the knee pain that I suffered from for years due to morbid obesity is almost gone. Now they are just noisy knees, not noisy, sore knees.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    It's not actually your bone cracking, just a release of gas bubbles from the fluid surrounding your joints.

Still unnerving, but not dangerous.
  • tonightokayalright
    tonightokayalright Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Left ankle. Every. Single. Step. Hate it.

^ This. Right ankle for me, it gets worse when I run... every single step when I run. Drives me bonkers. Sometimes the left. Both hips during certain exercises. Knees when I squat (like down low, not the exercise).
  • cowgirlup327
    cowgirlup327 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Yup. Knees, hips and ankles. I took dance lesson for 13 years, so I assume that did me in haha. I still take lessons now, but when I do, I have to squat down between exercises so that my knees crack and stop feeling funky.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    crack crack.

yup!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    Yes, hate it!!!
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    Glad im not alone!
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Yep, me too. My neck and left knee are the worst. The neck cracking makes me feel sick but I still push it and nothing bad has ever happened, just irritating!
  • BlackTimber
    BlackTimber Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Well you are 22! Basically on the down hill side of things:)
  • wavdawg4
    wavdawg4 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    my shoulder likes to click :/ It annoys me greatly.... and every once in a while my knee.

Sometimes my ankle feels a lil stiff so I just have to rotate it around and it ends up popping, and feels better..
  • Trapwolf
    Trapwolf Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Yup, right knee...right ankle always pop.It hurts a little until I walk it out..it seems to improve when I work it a bit..I was worried a little about it..because that knee was busted open in a car wreck..but seems to be just when the joints are cold..not sure if I should worry about it or not