Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

cracking ankles/knees&hips during exercise...

Every movement i do... crack crack crack crickkkk.. anyone else?

Replies

• Me too! And even when I don't exercise.. :(
  • Summerlove1993
    Summerlove1993 Posts: 102 Member
    Absolutely. It is quite nerve racking.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    My knees for sure!
  • cookn_mama
    cookn_mama Posts: 228 Member
    My ankles, knees, back and my right foot! Embarrassing!!!!
  • lkherna
    lkherna Posts: 15 Member
    Yes! It got worse after each kid too! As I lose weight though and exercise regularly I notice it lessening.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Yup. Life goes on.
  • mwestonp
    mwestonp Posts: 77 Member
    Left ankle. Every. Single. Step. Hate it.
  • bethfartman
    bethfartman Posts: 363 Member
    My ankles always crack. I don't know why, but it's been that way since I was little. I can never be sneaky =(
  • frando
    frando Posts: 583 Member
    my ankles do in general and my knees sound like a bowl of rice crispies after too much movement!

But, I've been diagnosed with flat feet, so instead of my weight going to my feet it's being sent to my ankles- hence all my noise making! I've only found this out after a trainer at the gym suggest I have it looked in to.

If it's painful you might want to go see the doctors!
  • sagetracey
    sagetracey Posts: 607 Member
    My mother took me to a dr with this problem when I was just a kid and he said that it was air in my joints. I still crack and pop a lot but have learnt to ignore it. I can even make my fingers crack just by flexing my hands!

But the knee pain that I suffered from for years due to morbid obesity is almost gone. Now they are just noisy knees, not noisy, sore knees.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    It's not actually your bone cracking, just a release of gas bubbles from the fluid surrounding your joints.

Still unnerving, but not dangerous.
  • tonightokayalright
    tonightokayalright Posts: 289 Member
    Left ankle. Every. Single. Step. Hate it.

^ This. Right ankle for me, it gets worse when I run... every single step when I run. Drives me bonkers. Sometimes the left. Both hips during certain exercises. Knees when I squat (like down low, not the exercise).
  • cowgirlup327
    cowgirlup327 Posts: 58 Member
    Yup. Knees, hips and ankles. I took dance lesson for 13 years, so I assume that did me in haha. I still take lessons now, but when I do, I have to squat down between exercises so that my knees crack and stop feeling funky.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    crack crack.

yup!
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Yes, hate it!!!
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Glad im not alone!
  • Effpcos
    Effpcos Posts: 350 Member
    Yep, me too. My neck and left knee are the worst. The neck cracking makes me feel sick but I still push it and nothing bad has ever happened, just irritating!
  • BlackTimber
    BlackTimber Posts: 230 Member
    Well you are 22! Basically on the down hill side of things:)
  • wavdawg4
    wavdawg4 Posts: 139 Member
    my shoulder likes to click :/ It annoys me greatly.... and every once in a while my knee.

Sometimes my ankle feels a lil stiff so I just have to rotate it around and it ends up popping, and feels better..
  • Trapwolf
    Trapwolf Posts: 142 Member
    Yup, right knee...right ankle always pop.It hurts a little until I walk it out..it seems to improve when I work it a bit..I was worried a little about it..because that knee was busted open in a car wreck..but seems to be just when the joints are cold..not sure if I should worry about it or not