fruit and sugar

Options
Is the bain of my existence, im going over my daily limit via fruit and not much of it, this is the first time in my life I have gone full tilt into a cutting diet and this is a major problem im having, ive read SOME information that the sugar from fruit is "good" thoughts, comments, suggestions? Id like to hear what you guys think thanks:)

Replies

• TinGirl314
    TinGirl314 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    *bump* I am curious about this too.
  • msafunk
    msafunk Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Since there's no way to tell MFP to only log the processed sugars from foods and ignore the natural sugars from fruits and unprocessed foods, try taking your own notes about it in the 'notes' section below your diary.

I eat a lot of fruit, too. I usually have at least 3 types of berries in my lunch, and a pear with my afternoon snack. I don't even think about the sugar in that stuff. It's the cookies and coffee creamers, and anything else with added/processed/refined sugars that you should keep track of.
  • wfte
    wfte Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Fruit sugars are definetly not good.

The so bad demon refined sugars (sucrose) are 50% glucose 50% fructose. The body breaks the sucrose down into these two units.
    Fruit sugars are just fructose.

Glucose can be used by pretty much every cell in the body meaning it gets used quickly. Fructose, on the other hand, can only be processed by the liver. If there is too much fructose for the livers needs the excess is converted to fat for storage.

ETA: Hence the big fuss over HFCS because it's make up is about 42% glucose, 58% fructose , rather than the favourable makeup of sucrose.