Good but cheap HRM

Options
Any suggestions? I don't want too and can't really afford to spend a small fortune on one

Replies

• DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Nope
  • Amanda21202
    Amanda21202 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    :huh: Well that wasn't really helpful but thanks, I guess
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    try eBay - a lot of folk buy them new then decide they don't want them anymore or give up on cardio.

Hope this is more useful than the previous post!
  • PurpleTina
    PurpleTina Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    the Kelly Holmes pink one from Tesco for about £25 is pretty good value, and works reliably. HRM strap is more comfortable than my expensive Garmin one too! (I'm in the UK).
  • MDWilliams1857
    MDWilliams1857 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    The cheapest you are going to get a decent one for is going to be about $100. You might be able to get a used one for cheaper but $100 will get you a decent one brand new.
  • Amanda21202
    Options
    try eBay - a lot of folk buy them new then decide they don't want them anymore or give up on cardio.

Hope this is more useful than the previous post!

Hi, much more helpful than the last post by far lol
    I've tried looking on Ebay but I don't know what's good and what's not really, like models etc?
  • Amanda21202
    Options
    the Kelly Holmes pink one from Tesco for about £25 is pretty good value, and works reliably. HRM strap is more comfortable than my expensive Garmin one too! (I'm in the UK).

That's brilliant! I'm in the UK too so i'll go in there that's around the amount I was looking at too, thank you :happy:
  • tadpole242
    tadpole242 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Any suggestions? I don't want too and can't really afford to spend a small fortune on one
    Reasonable one, Aldi
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Crane-Heart-Rate-Monitor-New-Unopened-Pack-/251163464123
    It is basic and you can not pull up the information on a PC, but it works, gives you heart rate min and max, duration stopwatch Fat burnt and Calories. Basic and will help if you use it for what it is intended.
  • simini77
    simini77 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I've been recommended Polar FT1, FT2, FT4 or FT7. It depends what you want it to do from what I gather, so it is worth doing some research as i bought a karrimor one, and it is rubbish!! Cost £40, so was gutted. Wished I'd done my research first!!
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I bought this one from lloydspharmacy: http://www.lloydspharmacy.com/en/lloydspharmacy-watch-and-heart-rate-monitor-35281 it was £12.99 but must have been on special offer.

Its not real fancy but it does the job for me. It depends what you want it to do and how much your budget is. I bought a cheap one because I wasn't sure if I'd use if consistently, but i use it every day!
  • candy102389
    Options
    im not sure if you guys get craigslist there but i found a cheap one their.
    craigslist.com
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do, make sure it has a chest strap and that you can enter personal info like height, weight, gender and age. The ones that are watch only are as unreliable as the numbers you get from cardio machines and MFP.
  • Priincess_Natalie
    Priincess_Natalie Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4. I picked mine up for 65 or so on Amazon. It's not the least expensive but I wanted something with good reviews and ease of use.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005M1P85O/ref=oh_details_o03_s01_i00