scale isnt moving, should I be measuring inches instead?

Options
I am feeling really great about myself.. more energy, eating better, doing tons of cardio.. but the scale is NOT moving. Its been almost 2 months.. What do you all think??

Replies

• smokinjackd
    Options
    Im not trying to butter you up here but weightloss doesnt seem to be that much of an issue there.
    I did notice one thing though, your food logging is inconsistent, especially on the weekends, Hermmmmm????? Could there be a little imbibing on the weekends that isn't being accounted for, hmmmmmmm?????....lol
    If you are eating healthy and working out and feeling good then maybe a few extra lost pounds may not be all that important.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I find measurements, how clothes fit, fitness goals (running longer or faster, lifting heavier) and progress photos to be a much better way to tracking than the scale. :smile:
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    In looking at your diary, both food intake as well as exercise, you are too inconsistent.

On your food, while a calorie is a calorie, you are often well over goals on carbs and fat. Additionally, you track no water intake. What may be happening, and this is purely suspect, what you are eat is being retained as immediate fuel. There is nothing showing sodium, so it could be water weight.

On your exercising, again, very inconsistent, though it means little. You need not measure inches as you are doing no muscle training. Again, this leads me to point to water weight.

Feel free to add, and I might be to help more, but, at this point, consistency is key.
  • victoriannsays
    victoriannsays Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    thank you. i am trying to get on here as much as I can to add my foods and exercise, but I don't always have the time. It doesnt mean I wasnt being good:) I am very new to this dieting stuff..I am just trying to figure out what foods I can eat to be fuller longer and get the most nutrients from.
  • smokinjackd
    Options
    the answer is boring and basic, high fiber makes you feel fuller longer, keep it balanced, the nutritional breakdown on here really helps guide you in the right direction. Eat mainly whole foods, avoid processed, boring is the way.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with being over on your fats. A few things I have noticed. You don't seem to be eating enough since you have very little weight to lose, I have a feeling you would benefit from an additional 400 calories (especially on workout days). Also, your carbs are high and protein is a bit low. Increasing calories and protein will provide you better results.
  • saraphim41
    saraphim41 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    To answer your original question, do both...I track weekly weight and monthly measurements.