TO BRAG, OR NOT TO BRAG

Options
2»

Replies

• Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I agree with weight being a touchy subject! They are probably noticing! Good for you! :)
    A family member had lost some weight since the last time I saw her. I wanted to say something so bad, but was wondering if it would come out wrong or she would take it any other way but a compliment. So I didn't say anything. Sometimes I think it's such a personal subject too. Anyway, good for you! :)
  • crafty_65
    Options
    I think when people see you everyday weight loss isn't as noticeable. I saw a group of people a few weeks ago that I hadn't seen in over a year and they all noticed. Yet only one person I work with has said anything.
  • Larisonlj
    Larisonlj Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I don't say anything, but that's just my opinion. But I agree with you, I thought more people would notice and say something. Some of my family I hadn't seen in 5 months didn't even comment. My son, bless his heart, did!!!! and said I looked great.
    I'm starting to get little comments @ work now. 'Are you a runner? you're so slim' , 'what workout do you do? your shoulders look fantastic', 'you've been working out a lot haven't you?'
    That helps, well my ego I guess, but I don't truly need it. I know what I've accomplished and I can tell the difference in my movements, my clothing, my attitude, everything.
  • 1MissMiles
    Options
    I'm with everyone else...BRAG!!! Someone hit the nail on the head with saying talking about weight is a touchy subject for many. Keep up the good work because losing weight is very hard to do. It takes determination, discipline, and everything you got to stay on track. And for the friend that was bragging about losing 3 pounds, get her on board with us with myfitnesspal. REMEMBER how happy you were when you lost your first 3 pounds. :wink:
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    Brag away... but do you really want her here on the message board?
  • Susanthecatwhisperer
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the support! I'm going to look at jeans today at a thrift store. Maybe I'll brag in another 3 pounds, when I'm at an even 30. :laugh:
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I think when you get smaller clothes that fit the new you, people won't be able to help noticing, congratulations, you're doing great.
  • Mrs1YummyMummy
    Options
    You need to buy some new clothes, then they will notice and so will you.

Totally agree, so many colleagues have commented since I bought clothes that actually fit! Invest in some new clothes in your new size, you deserve it :-)

Oh and definitely brag away :-D

Well done x
  • danae16
    danae16 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success!! I don't know the situation of your coworker, but sometimes 3 lbs is a real success for someone. I'm hoping to lose about 10-20 lbs and I have only lost about 3 lbs in the past 2 months. The kicker is that I've toned up a lot and I'm really hoping someone will notice soon. :) Just keep in mind sometime 3lbs is a milestone. :)

Totally find another day/time where you won't be raining on her parade and brag!! You are doing awesome!
  • Ellby
    Ellby Posts: 6
    Options
    I can totally relate. My friends noticed right away (I lost 25 lbs in 5 months and didn't see any of them in that time span) and were super happy and supportive. My family either didn't notice, or did notice and didn't say anything - aside from one sister. It was disappointing but I have accepted it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!