uumm wow!

Options
Wow a mcdonalds frapp! 480 cals! I had one this morning not knowing this! I usually do my food diary when i get to work boy was I shocked and mad at myself.
:sad:

Just wanted to get that out there!

Replies

• mikehull
    Options
    It's progress not prefection right? do beat yourself up about it, learn the lesson and don't do it again.
    A little hint, I would avoid the MD at all costs, haven't had it for years and feeling great!
  • lisanxd
    lisanxd Posts: 93
    Options
    Those look very good, but my Mom asked when she went the other day and they use whole milk.. no wonder it's so high in calories!
  • mbmomof4
    mbmomof4 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    yup, live & learn...& like mike said, I would definitely avoid McDonald's menu altogether. I think of it this way...CONVENIENT = CALORIES!!!! It keeps me out of the drive thru...it's a hard habit to break, I'm dying for some taco bell!!!:grumble:
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Options
    The McDonald's iced coffee or regular coffee (so you can control what goes in it) are much better choices. The iced coffee can be made with sugar-free vanilla syrup, but it's still a little high on fat. You could also go to Starbucks for a frappuccino since they have a light coffee base, with fewer calories and fat than the original (and you should order it without whipped cream, of course).

I don't have any special love of fast food, and I rarely eat it unless I'm traveling, but I do have a pretty significant coffee addiction. Just about every day I either get a soy latte with sugar free syrup (from Sheetz or sometimes Starbucks) or a McDonald's iced coffee. If you check out the websites for nutritional information before you go, it's much easier to work some of the lighter items into a normal food day.

You live and learn. That's part of the weight loss process. Just think about how before you started on here you probably would have had that frappuccino without any concern for making the rest of the day a little healthier. Next time you will know.

-Alison