Sugar- The Legal Cocaine (As Tosca Reno puts it)

Options
Okay, most of us know that sugar is a real diet killer. All "eat clean" resources tell us this. But HOW can I be expected to cut it out cold turkey? I'm an addict. More so to the fake sugars (Splenda) than the real kind, which I know is worse! After researching, I went out and bought raw sugar, but I feel weird using it because... well... it's still sugar! I've replaced sugar in my coffee with agave, and so far that's been working. I've tried Stevia, and I HATE the stuff. I used it for over a week before I realized that wasn't an option for me. (Except in recipes where it's not a dominant flavor.)

What are some of your other helpful tips that has gotten you to cut out sugar completely--or at least for the most part?

I thank you a bunches! It means a lot to me! I need all the support I can get. Sugar is the last thing that needs to go in this lifestyle change. Feel free to add me for even more support! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I've never been nose deep in a pile of sugar while hookers danced around me. Just sayin'

The only sugar I indulge in is pastries and chocolate. Other then that, I drink diet sodas.
  • mandeiko
    mandeiko Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I've never been nose deep in a pile of sugar while hookers danced around me. Just sayin'

The only sugar I indulge in is pastries and chocolate. Other then that, I drink diet sodas.

Yeah... I used to be more nose deep than I am, but I have my moments where I stuff my face with sweets. I haven't drank soda in years, so I guess that's a plus. My problem is Starbucks. Haha.