Headache during workout...

Options
For the past three days, I have had a headache during my workout... so intense that it has actually caused me to stop and take a drink of water. I have been EXTREMELY hydrated... no alcohol... good sleep... good breakfast before I begin... this is baffling me. Does anyone else have this problem?

If it helps, I am specifically using Jillian's 30 day Shred program right now. Maybe she just hates me... ;)

Replies

• lynntoi
    Options
    I have headaches/migraines alot more now than before. I found that balancing what you eat has to be just right like enough protein, carbs and fat. 8 glasses of water also, if you drink coffe or soda that wil cancel out some of the water you have drank. Look back on what you where doing prior to that first headache day and see if you have changed anything.
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT HOLDING YOUR BREATH WHEN YOU ARE EXERCISING.
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT HOLDING YOUR BREATH WHEN YOU ARE EXERCISING.

That's what I was think too.

Also, I find that I have to remind myself to relax my shoulders. When I work out I tighten up and it can cause neck pain.
  • twilight_fan
    Options
    I have the same problem i get headaches when i excersise, so i went to my doc last night to make sure i wasnt going crazy and he told me thats because my body is not used to strain, and now that m watching what i eat and not taking in as much calories on a daily basis, my sugar level is not as high so it may cuase some slight head aches. he told me when i feel a headache comming on to relax myself for a bit grab some water and wait it out a few min or so and then go to it again but take it easy. thats your body saying slow me down a bit please.
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    thats your body saying slow me down a bit please.

That's really good to know... I was feeling like a quitter for pausing, cuz you know Jillian's yelling at me, "Don't stop!! Keep going!!" But those headaches can get pretty intense, pretty fast. When I did pause today and drink some water, I felt better immediately. Thank you!!
  • sdgreen17
    sdgreen17 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm assuming you are restricting your calories, and if you're like me, this has thrown your blood sugar all out of whack. As a lifetime migraine sufferer, I have many triggers, and low blood sugar is definitely one of them. To keep the headaches from coming on with a vengeance during exercise, I have to make sure that I eat something like a low-calorie protein bar or a complex carb about 15 minutes before I start an intense workout. This usually helps a lot, as long as I don't push myself *too* hard, remember to stay hydrated, and remember to breathe!