Need support

Options
I just joined after hopping on the scale and finding out I gained 20lbs in the last 6 months. I can't believe it. I was working so hard at the gym and dropped 10 lbs by working out for an hour a day. I then injured my ankle going for a run in may (tore all my ligaments and in a boot cast for two months, followed by a lot of physio). Without exercise I turned to food and a regular glass or two of wine a night and now I find myself here, my pregnancy jeans are tight... I have no clue how I did this to my body.

I struggle with healthy eating, that is my major roadblock, I grew up an avid athlete and love going to the gym, but proper nutrition is so difficult for me to get a grasp on. I've done every diet under the sun, zone, Atkins, Bernstein, eat clean, hog, cleanses galore and I am so frustrated and just need some easy to follow structure.

I need support I don't want to do this for the rest of my life. I am 28 and the mother of a gorgeous 2 year old girl. She deserves more from her mom, a better more energetic role model.

would love to find a weightless buddy on here to work though this all.

Thanks!

Nik

Replies

• Marie31450
    Marie31450 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Sent you a friend request!
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp. I joined over a month ago. I have done every diet and joined most programs. "I don't want to do this the rest of my life." What I have found is I will have to do this the rest of my life. I have tried the quick fixes, but now I know I have to make a life change. It won't be easy, but it is necessary for me to understand that I have to make a change.

You will find lots of helpful people on here. I don't like exercising alone, but I am embarrassed to know that some people will laugh at me for trying in a gym. read some profiles and send out friend requests. I just wanted to say welcome to the site.

Good luck, Nik.
  • Dothisformadi
    Options
    Thank you so much for the warm welcome!

I just want to make this work, and I know it will take hard work and there will be constant battles. I want to be healthy. I just need to embrace that healthy eating is not a 3 month stint it is a lifelong commitment.

Thank you for your kind words, I need to calm down re-ground and refocus and make a plan on how to change my life.

Nik
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Eventually, this will become habit, and you'll want to do it for the long term. It doesn't mean not having things you enjoy, just learning to enjoy things in moderation, and making better choices.

Feel free to add me if you like! :-)