SKATING 13KM IN A PIGGIE ONSIE

So, for those of you who don't know me I play roller derby for Newcastle Roller Derby League.
This saturday we are holding a SKATE-A-THON to raise money for our international bout later in the month against Auckland.

If we meet our fundraising goal I will be skating the entire 13km in a piggie onsie. In public. Outside. In the spring heat. With people taking pictures. That will go on the internet and in magazines.

I will also post pictures in this thread. But ONLY if the goal is met.

We don't have much to go and it only takes $2 from you to get ME to do something so hilariously stupid for YOUR amusement.

My derby name is Apocalypse Pwnie. If I get enough raised by myself, I'll probably do the whole thing twice.

http://www.gofundme.com/nrdlskateathon

Replies

• jazzmatazz29
    jazzmatazz29 Posts: 2 Member
    sounds like an awesome time! I miss skating derby but with school and work I just cannot commit to the sport right now. -Jazz Matazz
  • Bah! Totally forgot to add pics!

piggie2.jpg
    piggie1.jpg
    piggie3.jpg
  • Cute! My daughter also approves, she likes to get her skate on every week but I dont think there are 11 year olds doing derby in our area. We go to Skate Like a Girl clinics when we can and she loves going to the rink.
  • We are trying to start up junior derby but so far there isn't much interest. Most kids who are into sports already have saturdays booked out and it's a big outlay for gear for something most kids have never done before. It's a shame we don't have a rink in my area anymore, that would help loads.
    Many parents are too scared to let their kids skate in fear of injury. I've just learned to play derby like I'm playing rugby and the worst I have is a sore collar bone.
  • My piggie is Multiple Orkazms (heh), the Hooters girl is Calamity Cutthroat and in the grup pic is Kaz, Massive Package, Hosa Down, Lisbeth Slammed'her and me!
    We took the HAM shots for Hit & Miss mag (H&M) because they sponsored us. It's a derby mag in Aus.
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    <
    Clearly in favour of onesies!!!
  • YEAH!
    I borrowed this one but it's now mine lol.