How much stevia is okay to have in a day?

Options
2»

Replies

• dbendett
    Options
    wow
  • dbendett
    Options
    wow
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    None. It's not real. Don't eat fake foods.
  • doubleduofa
    doubleduofa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I would try to limit it, just like anything else. Maybe 2 tsp/day? What do you think you can maintain?

I personally, do not like the taste of it, but I'm allergic to it anyway, so no harm no foul. I would get really bad shortness of breath and a headache when I had it. It took a few times to put two and two together (DUH). Stevia is in the same family as ragweed, so buyer beware. I had a friend that got a horrible rash from it. If you are allergic to ragweed, you also want to stay away from chamomile - from tea to moisturizers. Just FYI. :-)
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • dbendett
    Options
    Well according to the replies I can't really overdo it with the stevia, but I did notice the costco purevia has dextrose which is a sugar and could potentially increase cravings...:sad: btw, my husband loves xylitol as it is recommended by the belly fat cure diet.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Well according to the replies I can't really overdo it with the stevia, but I did notice the costco purevia has dextrose which is a sugar and could potentially increase cravings...:sad: btw, my husband loves xylitol as it is recommended by the belly fat cure diet.

I guess you didn't read my post. Yes, you can overdo any and all sweeteners - every single one has a toxicity effect (including sugar) at doses that are physiologically difficult but achievable.

"belly fat cure diet" :noway: Another gimmick from Cruise. But hey, if you think that will work, ok.
    Read: http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/the-belly-fat-cure
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

It's very difficult for any person to reach a toxic effect, even from the so-called "processed" stevia. Seriously. Other countries have been using it for thousands of years with no known ill effects. If you are that concerned about Purevia, then buy real stevia and feel better.
  • raynalisa
    raynalisa Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You could always grow Stevia yourself and use the leaves from the plant.

Nothing fake or processed about that.

The leaves are great to chew on too.