Embarrassing (healthy) food habits?

Options
I love certain vegetables, and I get a little out of control with them sometimes. For example, I can eat a half a head (or sometimes the entire thing) of cabbage by myself without a problem. When I log foods like this it always makes me a little embarrassed since it's an entire HEAD of cabbage. I also usually eat an entire cucumber, or an entire bag of frozen cauliflower by myself - especially if it's roasted with garlic.

Anyone else have embarrassing healthy food habits?

-Alison

Replies

• weaverc
    weaverc Posts: 158
    Options
    It's nothing for me to eat a half or more of a bag of lettuce when I make a salad. Most of embarrassing food habits were before I started changing my lifestyle.
  • Sephs
    Sephs Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm not into salad or vegetables very much at all, but I did do boil in the bag rice yesterday (which is as plain as plain can be!) and improvised with a McDonalds curry sauce (50cals) scooped it into the rice and mixed it all up, was so tasty!
  • gurgi22
    gurgi22 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    An entire bag of frozen, shelled edemame or peas. :)
  • Simone32
    Options
    I love the California blend that I get at Sam's. Thank god it comes in bulk bags!!!
  • BMAJK
    BMAJK Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Similar to gurgi22, I can finish off a can of chick peas in no time. They're ssooo good. even just right out of the can. Or a bowl of frozen baby peas with a little olive oil and sea salt. OMG I think I'm having that for lunch now!!
  • melanieann48111
    Options
    I can eat veggies until I'm sick. It's an awful habit that I've always had.
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I've been eating the same thing for lunch for months now. Turkey on wheat, nonfat cheese slice and 2 slices tomato. I also love those special K crackers. I like to put them on my sandwich and eat them that way. :blushing:

I used to do it with potato chips and also, french fries on a cheeseburger. So it's alright. =D

I get out of control with grapes. I could eat a hundred a day.
  • Questfor250
    Options
    It's nothing for me to eat a half or more of a bag of lettuce when I make a salad. Most of embarrassing food habits were before I started changing my lifestyle.

Wow, how true is that. When I think of what I was eating before I started, now that is embarrassing. Now, I take pride in eating all of the free calories I can. Head of lettuce, cuke, pepper. It doesn't matter, they are FREEEEEE.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I love Dill pickles. A whole pickle is all of 5 calories.

I bring some to snack on at my desk at work. You would not beleive the looks I get from co-workers. I really don't care what they think. But one day another co-worker was giving me a hard time about them, and my IT Guy; who has lost 100 lbs himself, over heard it and pretty much put the other guy in his place. It was kind of funny.
  • abbie38
    abbie38 Posts: 128
    Options
    ooh, yum. Edamame :) Now I want those :)

I can eat a couple of cartons of cherry tomatoes no problem....mmmmm..natural candy :)
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    If it wasn't for the sodium, I could eat a jar of pickles in one sitting!
  • RabbitLuvr37
    RabbitLuvr37 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I can eat a whole head of cauliflower roasted with a light spritz of olive oil and lots of garlic, or a whole bundle of asparagus roasted with a poached egg on top. Easy.