Fitness freaks

Options
I joined up a while ago because MFP had the best android app I could find for logging calories, I've only just noticed the forums and started participating a bit.

I am a fitness freak, I train often and hard, sometimes too often (10 times a week) which has actually lead to overtraining symptoms in the past. I've recently reformed my diet and workout routine which has lead to great results, so I'm more motivated than ever. I'm also a martial arts sports fighter and instructor.

Wouldn't mind keeping in touch with people serious about power lifting, bodybuilding or martial arts. I am particularly interested in explosive training so anyone into that would be great! Or just anyone who is extremely active and motivated! Add me.

Replies

• Tyrone_S
    Tyrone_S Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Jammiea85
    Options
    I was at 216 lbs. I am now 196 and can not get my weight to drop any more. What do I do?
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    I was at 216 lbs. I am now 196 and can not get my weight to drop any more. What do I do?

You see a nutritionist and not ask some random guy posting a forum that has nothing to do with answering people's questions. :wink:
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options

Open your diary, and be open to critique and criticism... and understand that not everything works for everyone!
  • qballjr13
    qballjr13 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hey Tyrone - Im not sure I could classify myself as a fitness freak but I do lift heavy and and leave the gym with nothing left in the tank. I have two young kids so my gym times are limited to 2 nights a week. I am always looking for motivation and people who I can bounce ideas off of. Welcome to the forums.
  • skolvikes5
    Options
    Power lifting is how I like to train. Lift heavy or go home...and in my case my gym is at my home. So.......
  • HelloDan
    HelloDan Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I'm a weightlifter, and I'll be glad to be your buddy.

Will be nice actually being able to talk to someone about 'my snatch' or 'a session spent jerking' without getting the odd looks!
  • Tyrone_S
    Options
    Awesome, good to see some like-minded people popping up!

You see a nutritionist and not ask some random guy posting a forum that has nothing to do with answering people's questions. :wink:

Agreed, nutritionist is always the safest bet. If your weight isn't dropping then you aren't consistently running a calorie deficit, but there are healthy and unhealthy ways to run a deficit so the answer is never that simplistic. Strongly suggest that you see a nutritionist, or at least make a post in the appropriate section with a lot more detail.

Cheers
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Powerlifting's my main focus, slowly getting more into weightlifting/explosive lifts.

Lift 5x a week, would say I'm a bit addicted. Don't go overboard though, appreciate my rest days too, and how much they can help.
  • selfsmarted
    Options
    fitness freak checking in.
  • Tyrone_S
    Options
    Cool cool, invites sent.
  • Tyrone_S
    Options
    Bump for this time zone.
  • latinspicefit27
    Options
    since you platued you need to change your workout routine because your body has gotten used to the workout you have done....push harder or add weight/intensity. Re-evaluate your eating? are you eating too much or too little...you may need a multivitamin=) Ive platued before and change up always works for me=) from 255 to 174 and still working on my weight=)
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I'm a weightlifter, and I'll be glad to be your buddy.

Will be nice actually being able to talk to someone about 'my snatch' or 'a session spent jerking' without getting the odd looks!

How are your jerks?

I just sent a friend request, Tyrone. I lift. Heavy and frequently :)

My jerks are the *kitten* ^^
  • HelloDan
    Options
    How are your jerks?

Well I'm always up for inviting people to watch me jerk!

On a more serious note, my jerk hasn't moved much since my profile picture was taken a while back (160kg, in case you can't see it), but I've really be working on tidying up my snatch, and moving up a weight class, so I don't have to be so lanky!
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I lift! Feel free to add me. :)
  • emtron500
    emtron500 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    It might be overly generous to call myself a fitness freak, but I'm getting there. I do martial arts and run mainly, but I'm trying to cut back on long runs and replace them with more lifting...wouldn't mind more motivating friends in that regard!
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    another fitness freak here, gotta love that android app!! scanning barcodes makes things simple!
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    How are your jerks?

Well I'm always up for inviting people to watch me jerk!

On a more serious note, my jerk hasn't moved much since my profile picture was taken a while back (160kg, in case you can't see it), but I've really be working on tidying up my snatch, and moving up a weight class, so I don't have to be so lanky!

I am intimidated by your snatch. Seriously, I'm too scared to try snatch and my gym doesn't have anyone that knows oly lifting, so I don't try anything unless I'm pretty damn sure I can do it. Plus with my awful upper body strength, I'd probably not even be able to snatch the bar properly. Have to go steal a body pump bar or something lol
  • HelloDan
    Options
    I am intimidated by your snatch. Seriously, I'm too scared to try snatch and my gym doesn't have anyone that knows oly lifting, so I don't try anything unless I'm pretty damn sure I can do it. Plus with my awful upper body strength, I'd probably not even be able to snatch the bar properly. Have to go steal a body pump bar or something lol

No need to fear it, just work up to it gently!

Can you OHS?
    Start off with that, once you have a decent OHS, you can start progressing towards a full snatch.