cheap easy exercise

Options
hi guys

found a great way to do excercise at home! i am a skint student so cant afford the gym, but i recently started up rope jumping! i got a pair of nike ropes for £12! i have only been doing it for a couple of days, but i can feel it really working my legs, back and stomach! i do 2 sessions of 20 mins and i am gaining an extra 250 cals per session which is great!

if anyone has any excerises you can do without needed to go to the gym can you give me some ideas!!

x

Replies

• kbenson10
    Options
    hi guys

found a great way to do excercise at home! i am a skint student so cant afford the gym, but i recently started up rope jumping! i got a pair of nike ropes for £12! i have only been doing it for a couple of days, but i can feel it really working my legs, back and stomach! i do 2 sessions of 20 mins and i am gaining an extra 250 cals per session which is great!

if anyone has any excerises you can do without needed to go to the gym can you give me some ideas!!

x
  • prettyinpink
    prettyinpink Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You can always throw in your favorite dancing music and dance!! If my house didn't shake so bad (it is 119 years old), I would!! hehe
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    hello

I have been jumping twice a week for 1 month now. the first time i did it, the next day my legs hurted so much i could barely walk, so i think i over did it. but now im comfortable with set of 50 and 100 alterning to make 1000 jumps.. i normaly take about 15 seconds between. that takes me about 20 min to do. when i'm done im reallllly tired, but it really feels good.

what kind of sets do you do ?

may
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    I'm taking a trip in a month and will go by plane and then car and will be gone for 11 days total. I am taking a rope with me as I need something small but effective that I can do throughout the day. I'll be okay at the hotels but I need something for about 6 of the days I'm with friends and the days I'm driving. Tips on using a rope will help me. Also, someone here has an invisible rope she told me about that measures what she does and includes some routines. I'm going to look into that and maybe get one early so I can build up a little endurance before I go. :smile:
  • GodzGirl
    GodzGirl Posts: 86
    Options
    Here's some of the things I do...M,W,F

Pick a certain day and do any of the following,

- Give your bathroom a really good cleaning, I'm talking about top corners, walls, tub, shower, toilet, sink, mirror, cabinets,sweep and mop,

- Give your kitchen a good cleaning, wipe clean cabinets, clean the fridge-freezer, stove, microwave, clean out cabinets, sweep and mop.

- Laundry, Bedroom & Living Room Attack - the folding, the hanging, putting away, changing linens,dusting, vacum, this all works out your upper body.

By the time it's over, you've done cardio, arm work and lower body.
    I'm sure you will burn at least 150 calos. if not more.

Good Luck, I'm going to have to get me a jump robe, I look forward in reading other members ideas. :)
  • SheIsVirgo
    Options
    :smile:

If you can get a set of workout bands, they are great! I travel alot and take mine with me. I give my upper and lower body a workout by pulling on them. I also got a book with them so I do some of the exercises in the manual. They are cheap and worth every cheap cent!

Good luck we rooting for you.]

:drinker:
  • kbenson10
    Options
    hey , to be honest i have not been counting how many i do , i prob should! i just set an alarm for 20 mins and do it till then. i do swap in between as i am still learning and my feet get caught!:laugh: have you noticed a difference now that you have been doing it for a month?
  • kbenson10
    Options
    god i did not even think about house work! ahahaha, do you guys counting walking?
  • tiangelah
    tiangelah Posts: 144
    Options
    step up on a chair. Do 3 sets of 30. Your dang legs will be screaming at you to sit down. This is a great work out. You can even add some light weights. I would not do more than 5 pound weights. But step up with 1 foot then the other , then bring the leg that you step up with last up to you your waist so it bends. Make sure you step in the center of the chair for balance. Dont want you to break your neck
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I don't count walking. I find it too tedious to count especially when I'm walking around campus, shopping, or walking from bus stop to bus stop. I'm sure I should but I'm lucky enough to stay on top of my calories ^_^
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    yes. i do feel i difference. i can now do it wihout being dramatic about it.
    i can feel it in my calves too .. i think i got some new muscle in there.

the thing about counting is that i work out so much that my brain goes like jello.. i can't do simple maths !!!! and memorize where i am .. its just silly !! i'm thinking there must be a scientific reason to that ( i hope !!!) so my boyfriends get to count my sets ... :ohwell: (please note that i CAN do maths otherwise !!)
    anybody else has that problem ?

the cleaning thing is interesting.. you get 2 in 1. i wouldnt count it as exercise unless i really do heavy stuff...i found some weight that i put around my ankles when i just go about the house. i dont coun it as exercise. but i though it would just help burn a couple more calories.. maybe im just a bit nutter. :tongue:
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    :smile:

If you can get a set of workout bands, they are great! I travel alot and take mine with me. I give my upper and lower body a workout by pulling on them. I also got a book with them so I do some of the exercises in the manual. They are cheap and worth every cheap cent!

Good luck we rooting for you.]

:drinker:

I have bands that someone left here when they moved and I've never looked at them. Maybe I'll take a look and see what it says as it will be easier to take than weights and will still give me resistance. GREAT IDEA. :love:
  • kbenson10
    Options
    yeah i def find it hard to count!!! i always find if i think about something else completely (like watch the tv or listen to music) i am not thinking about how my leg muscles are going to tear through my skin ahahah!

i will def try the chair thing! although i will need to take it slow as i am a short *kitten*! and will prob fall flat!

thanks for the ideas guy!

i was also wondering, if going over your cal intake just a little? does that completely stop you loosing weight? cause i feel i am getting a it obbdessive about it!