I just want a grilled cheese and fries

Options
2»

Replies

• chicka200413
    Options
    I love old bay! I guess it is more of a MD thing, I was surprised to learn that so many people have never heard of it. i grew up with it on the kitchen table right next to the salt and pepper. We put it on everything. It is awesome on corn too, but you got to use it in moderation, I believe it is high in sodium.
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    I love old bay! I guess it is more of a MD thing, I was surprised to learn that so many people have never heard of it. i grew up with it on the kitchen table right next to the salt and pepper. We put it on everything. It is awesome on corn too, but you got to use it in moderation, I believe it is high in sodium.

Hi chicka, greetings from Delaware. I just assumed it was widely known, it must be more of a Chesapeake Bay thing.
  • shannan74
    shannan74 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I recommend reading " Manage your Metabolism" byJillian Michael's.. It is eye opening as to how many excess carbs we take in and what foods actually do to our body. I try to take my lunch to work and eat at home as much as possible, for I know I am weak and do not want the temptation.
  • amelia_atlantic
    amelia_atlantic Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    Before I give into a craving, I always determine what EXACTLY I'm craving. It's usually only one element I want. With grilled cheese, I would want a warm, gooey cheese. So, think of healthier alternatives that will still hit the spot!

What about a veggie quesadilla?? You'd get your warm melty cheese without a side of guilt!

Cedars low carb wheat wraps are only 80 calories, use low fat shredded cheese (about 150 calories for 1/4 cup), whatever veggies you like and bake it in a toaster oven!

As for fries, I cannot recommend sweet potato fries enough. I find regular fries boring now!
    I sometimes cheat and get frozen, plain sweet potato fries. I drizzle a little olive oil, add salt and pepper, a little cumin and bake for about 25 min dip in honey mustard. With the olive oil, the fries will be about 200 calories total.

Mmmm...I know what I'm having for dinner!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    Go the the gym, have an extra long workout, then go for it!
  • mistyreed82
    Options
    All I want is a beefy 5-layer cheesy burrito from Taco Bell and a Mt. Dew!!!! BLAH!!!!! NO NO NO!!! Better to say it here then go out and eat it!!!

Tomorrow is my Mountian Dew Day. I can't wait.

LUCKY YOU!!! I havent had one in 10 days! But before that it had been 2 months!!!
  • mamacassi
    mamacassi Posts: 131
    Options
    When I give into my cravings for junk I feel gross after, it's easy to rmemeber that 'oh god, why did I want that?' feeling. So it helps! But grilled cheese isn't always bad. Fries...probably. Argh!