Busy mom with A LOT of weight to lose

Options
Hi, I'm a busy mom of two girls with a lot of weight to lose. I have, for some reason, let things get completely out of control over the last 6 months and have gained 12 lbs, and am now at an all time high of 172 lbs.

The picture I have posted is a photo of myself 5 years ago when I weight a delightful 135 lbs. I WANT TO BE THAT PERSON AGAIN!

I love snacking, and do most of my comfort snacking at night. I can't stop myself. It has turned into a very bad habit!

I would love to hear others stories, how you are losing weight, what you're using as motivation and HOW to stop snacking at night!

Thanks!

Replies

• skittle_jitters
    Options
    Hey i'm Jen. A busy mom of 4. I feel ya. My biggest issue is eating healthier and finding the energy to actually WORKOUT. Add that in with the fact that hubby can't workout with me due to his back injury from the Marines :( But he works throughout the day so i'm going to squeeze in P90X while he's at work. I am only 5'1 and weight 213 :( I am in between sizes 12 and 14 so i'm not HUGE for my weight but i'm not happy. I have a lot of muscle from being an athlete all my life. I'm glad you are taking a step in the right direction! My goal is to start MOnday :)
  • joeycox81
    joeycox81 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the add,
    I too am really bad at snacking in the evenings, and actually when I'm bored!
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm Athena. I am a single mother of two kids. I work two jobs. I get up at about two every morning and dont go to bed until 8p.m. My kids are 4 and 17m. I work out to the wii and enjoy every minute of it. After work right now I go for a 45min bike ride while I do my sons papers (since at the moment I dont have a car). I try to do some walking everday rather it be at work, around the house, or to the store. If I get the urge to have something to snack on I grab a piece of fruit or even a yogurt. Something that is low in cals and healthy. Feel free to add me for the support if you would like.
  • Boston726
    Boston726 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I know what your saying i have two girls both in dance and my days are filled with other thing to do then to take care of myself. You have to take it one day at a time you will get there. Try 100 snacks at night i found if i grab them in place of a bag of something i dont eat as much good luck and add me as a friend if you want.
  • Janet9906
    Janet9906 Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Busy Mom here as well. I have 2 kids, I work part time and go to school part time. I decided that I needed to make time for me. I felt guilty when I first started, but I think it's made me a better Mom. I exercise 1-1.5 hours 5 or 6 days a week. I made a conscious effort to start eating better...I give into temptations, but it's in small amounts.
  • michellersalo
    michellersalo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    WTG by recommitting! Stick with it and you will get there. Just focus on staying within your calorie range, add activity where and when you can!
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I love your picture.
    Busy Mom here as well. I have 2 kids, I work part time and go to school part time. I decided that I needed to make time for me. I felt guilty when I first started, but I think it's made me a better Mom. I exercise 1-1.5 hours 5 or 6 days a week. I made a conscious effort to start eating better...I give into temptations, but it's in small amounts.