Fell off the wagon yesterday

Options
Well, actually, it was more like I jumped. I usually eat 1450 cal and most of the time I am under, but yesterday, tsk tsktsk. I ate and ate and ate. Of course I didn't want everyone to view my diary for the day but I was curious about how many calories and fat and all that were actually consumed, so I starting putting down everycrumb and I almost fell off my seat! I had 4300 calories! It was WHAT I ate more than how much. I haven't had any butter or bread since I started back on here and barely any sugar but I had a lot of high calorie food and sugar and fat and sodium yeserday. I am back on track today but I feel soooo sick and like, in a mental fog this morning. I feel hungover! I realy don't feel like I could eat another bite today. Would that be fine to fast today- I am not going to force myself to eat anything today if 'm not hungry...

Replies

• Nix143
    Nix143 Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Hey, one day's over indulgence won;t make you fat and one day's fasting won't make you thin :)

Do what feels right today, if you don't want to eat then don't eat but if you do then go ahead as normal and just get back on plan. Forget about yesterday, it's gone and it's time to keep on trucking

Hope you enjoyed your blow out! :)
  • makeoverpm
    makeoverpm Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi I think that having days like that are more common than you may realise. I really overindulged this weekend and went over by 1000 to 2000 over the weekend. I'm going to try and be healthier today and exercise!!!!

I don'y think fasting entirely is a great idea because you may be more likely to overeat again, but I'm no expert. Drink loads of water to flush you out and don't worry, draw a line under it and get back on track!!!!!
  • mama4loca
    mama4loca Posts: 181
    Options
    Thanks. LOL Blowout! What a good word!
  • mbarmuta
    mbarmuta Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Dear Mama, Dont let it worry you what you did yesterday as its in the past and there is nothing that you can do about it. Just jump back in where you are and start fresh. Maybe re-evaluate your food regime or your goals but take steps back in the right direction. Dont starve yourself or try to exercise like a fiend as you'll only make yourself even more unhappy. It's ok to have a lapse once in a while - it will not kill you and it wont destroy all your hard work unless you let it. So lets get back on that wagon and keep going down the road to health and happiness! xxx <3
  • hipsdontlie1
    hipsdontlie1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    It's ok!! Just get back to it today :) Yesterday is in the past! Nothing you can do to change it except work harder today :)
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Everyone is given a second chance. It's called tomorrow.

Don't stress it! :)
  • candy102389
    Options
    I feel you I did that this weekend and decided I was NOT going to eat yesterday. But then i remembered why im here learn from flaws.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    Do not fast. It was explained to me by my endocronologist (sp) that your body will start to starve itself and make your cravings worse. BTW, it is ok to go hog wild and pig crazy from time to time just get back on track and keep going. My diabetic doctor went so far as to tell me that if I was going to cheat she would rather me eat a gallon of ice cream in one sitting versus a bowl a night as that one "indescretion" would do less damge than having a little all the time!
  • DaddyM1
    DaddyM1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    4300... wow! That's a lot alright. But as long as it doesn't become the norm for you, I think you will be okay.

Ed.
  • newmooon56
    newmooon56 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Weekends are harder for some ppl.. this one wasnt a great one for you. Its done and today is fresh.

Im here logging after a so-so weekend. (didnt go over- but ate too much empty junk) - and today Im ready to log proudly. In other words back to what I usually do.

Just keep on keeping on with your goal. Not every day is goal oriented. Some are lazy, some are busy - some are just impossible. But more times, more than not, VERY POSSIBLE and SUCCESSFUL ! So back to work today, no worrying about yesterday.
  • jsj024519
    jsj024519 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hey, one day's over indulgence won;t make you fat and one day's fasting won't make you thin :)

Do what feels right today, if you don't want to eat then don't eat but if you do then go ahead as normal and just get back on plan. Forget about yesterday, it's gone and it's time to keep on trucking

Hope you enjoyed your blow out! :)

^ BOOM- best reply on this thread, This MFP'er is as right as can be!
  • Angie_1991
    Angie_1991 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    I fell off the last few days......back on today....thinking thin, thinking thin, thinking thin.............
  • HypersonicFitNess
    HypersonicFitNess Posts: 1,219 Member
    Options
    Okay, so today is a new day. Get back on the wagon; put yesterday behind you and plan ahead so you don't have a repeat. I plan ahead by planning meals for the week on the weekend and actually preparing something that will last the week for at least one meal. I also prepare meals and snacks the night before, that way when I am hungry...it's ready to heat (if required) and eat.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    You might want to look at why you ate those types of foods.

As others have said, keep going as you have and don't beat yourself up.
  • _kannnd
    _kannnd Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    It's one day. Just bump up the workouts in the next few days. It's bad, but it's one day. Plus, it's over and done with. Don't fret because it's not something that you can go bad and redo.
  • shalim1972
    shalim1972 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Forgive yet do not forget what you have done and how it made you feel. Playback the entire day and every crumb you ate. Find those feelings and thoughts you were having when consuming all those foods to the point of sickness. Remember you are special and unique, regroup, we all make mistakes. Love yourself above all things. You are on the road to better health I have a strong feeling you will succeed.
  • pamcuster
    pamcuster Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I respect the fact that some people's experiences/opinions are different than mine, but for *me* -

On Sunday, I ate more than usual and pretty bad - animal crackers, cheez-its, tortilla chips, sun chips...So on Monday, I had four cups of milk and an apple (plus my coffee) all day - that's it. In my estimation, the low calorie day averages out the higher calorie day. Today, I feel GREAT! And, I lost 3.2 pounds this week!

Pam
  • AmericanNewfie
    Options
    A cheat day can actually be healthy for you as it kick starts your metabolism. It's like working out. If you do the same excercises everyday, your body gets used to it and doesn't respond as much as if you mix it up all the time. Now, that is not to say that you should have a bad cheat day all the time, but once a month or so isn't going to kill you! I lost 22lbs since July 15th and I have a minor cheat day every other weekend.
  • brittanykira
    brittanykira Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I had a very bad weekend food wise, felt horrible after it was said and done. So today I just started over and am back on the wagon! You are not alone and we can get back on track together :)
  • DirtyStacks
    DirtyStacks Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I have had a few days like that. It happens to most of us, we are human to a fault. You clearly don't want to make this a habit...it's a habit you want to BREAK!

With that said, Here is something to think about: Exercise cancels a multitude of sins. Add an extra 20 mins to your cardio routine for the next few days! You will eliminate this deficit. Your body doesn't know it's the next day or even the next. We like to comparmentalize our calorie counting into neat 24 hour periods. The body doesn't care. Once you understand this concept, you can get rid of all that guilt because with a little extra effort, you can overcome these "blowups". =)